Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 16, 2005, 10:43 PM   #1

I was just looking at the Yoshida site to see if the FZ-3 adapter was in yet. Looks like it is. He has a note up saying it arrived, it's dated March 17.

Now I just need to decide if I'm going to fork over the coin for one. :?

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:18 AM   #2

Thanks, Brett. And a happy St Patty's day. For those not familiar with the new 55mm yoshida fz3 adapter, here is how it works. From http://butabara-tec.com/

[align=center]
@ The lens reception desk installation machine screw of the @ main body of FZ3 is detached. (Carefully).

[/align]

[align=center]The lens reception desk was detached. [/align]

[align=center]
It is installation in the main body as for the FZ3-55S adaptor.

[/align]

[align=center]It was installed on the main body of the camera. [/align]

[align=center]
It is a lens position while taken a picture.

[/align]

[align=center]FZ3+FZ3-55S + Olympus TCON-17[/align]

Will this adapter alsofit with the new fz4 and fz5? Will it be availalble in black? Any chance of Mr Yoshida making a 52mm version for Raynox converters? Stay tuned.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 8:32 AM   #3

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Will this adapter alsofitthe new fz4 and fz5? Will it be availalble in black? Any chance of Mr Yoshida making a 52mm version for Raynox converters? Stay tuned.
Mr Yoshida answers his email very quickly:

Mr,Fred Moore

Hello thank you for the inquiry.
The FZ3 adapter and the adapter of FZ4/5 have the difference in the
structure.
The installation of the FZ3 adaptor is impossible in FZ4/5.
The adaptor of FZ4/5 is being researched.
However, I think production to be a considerably difficult.

Thank you.
Ryuji Yoshida

Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:47 PM   #4

Fred,

Sorry to hear it will not work. I had thought the lens diameter's were different from the FZ3 to the FZ4/5. At lease it seemed different to me. I assumed they just chose to put the 55mm threads on it to make is "standard" for the new cameras.

I also remember the same comments about an adapter being to hard or not worth producing being stated about the FZ3, so maybe in time he will find a way.

-Brett

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 1:53 PM   #5

I am looking forward to someone getting one of these and posting a report.

On Mr Yoshida's website he says it is just designed for the Olympus adapters, and on the photos it rather looks as if the lens comes out beyond the beginning of the thread - so i am concerned in case55mmfilters would not fit on adequately.

What do you chaps think?

alandavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 5:33 PM   #6

Brett - The fz4/5 hood adapterhas 55mm female threads as dooes the fz1/2/3. The fz1/2 hood adapter threads onto the camera body (54.5mm threads) much like the fz10/15/20 (64mm threads). Panasonic changed the design of the hood adapter for the fz3 to a bayonet connection to the camera rather than threaded. That made for a little more difficulty in producing a third party metal adapter but Mr Yoshida gotr the job done. I had assumed Panasonic would use the same setup for the fz4/5 as they had for the fz3. Wrong. And this time they have made it even more difficult to produce a metal 3rd party adapter. (I dont think it is simply a difference in diameters.) If any one can do it, Mr Yoshida can.

alandavey - The original fz1/2/3 stock adapters have 55mm threads as do, coincidentally,many Olympus converters. In the case of the fz1/2 adapters, Yoshida essentially copied the original designusing an aluminum alloy. The design of the fz3 adapter was considerably more challenging but it results in the same functionality as the fz1/2 adapter. It will accept 55mm threads. It is not made especially for Olympus converters.Any filter/converterwill work with it and the extended lens will not touch it.
Old Mar 17, 2005, 5:38 PM   #7

In addition to being a valuable photographic accessory, the Yoshida adapter for the FZ-3 would make a lovely chapeau. Simply fasten a fancy ribbon to opposing ends with velcro, position the Yoshida "chapeau" on your cranium, and tie the ribbon in a lovely bow beneath your chin. With such a lovely, admirable chapeau as this you are SURE to be the envy of your particular social stratum.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 5:55 PM   #8

The Yoshida adapters are very well made and certainly work better as a chapeau when compared to this misguided attempt by a French company
Attached Images

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 6:27 PM   #9

Indeed, I agree with Nooner. I believe the French might consider adopting the Yoshida adapter rather than their current choice of chapeau.
Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote