Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:12 PM   #11

this guy gave me a bogen 3046 in xlnt condition..minus the mount ..but i still love my sunpack 7500 pro for the awakward macro shots .geting down in the dirt and dirty .the bogen is not as versatile as the sunpack..but if i needed another anchor for my boat i could always use the bogen..
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:21 PM   #12

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
..but if i needed another anchor for my boat i could always use...

the vcr collection, the panini maker, any number of cheap printers I've gone through, a 17"crt collecting dust ormaybe the compost maker.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:27 PM   #13

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
..but if i needed another anchor for my boat i could always use...

the vcr collection, the panini maker, any number of cheap printers I've gone through, a 17"crt collecting dust ormaybe the compost maker...
the betamax under my bed,the judo gi that's been in the closet for 4 years,my absersizer...
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:31 PM   #14

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
..but if i needed another anchor for my boat i could always use ...

the vcr collection, the panini maker, any number of cheap printers I've gone through, a 17"crt collecting dust or maybe the compost maker.
tell me about it ..i bought a power sprayer from lowes a year ago and was about to throw it out ..for a spray painter that i could hook to my air compresser..but i gave it one more shot ..i primed the side of my clapboard garage with it and it did a rather nice job ..so i'm going to finish the job saturday and paint the side a light sea blue since that's here i shoot a lot of shots..i'm going to ridgecrest tomorrow to service a customer so i'll take the fz with me ..it's a 3 hour drive one way...
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2005, 11:40 PM   #15

I have two tripods that were purchased quite a few years ago, an Abinar 9900 video/35mm W/fluid head, folds down to 22" and extends to over 5ft. My other tripod is a Valbon Videomate IV with smooth as silk fluid video head. It's a big tripod thatfolds to 28" and extends to over 6ft ( yes, you'll need that much hight sometimes ). Last weekend I went on a photoshoot to the S.F. JapaneseTea Garden to take advantage of the beautiful scenery with the cherry blossoms in bloom. Packed the fz20 and the smaller Albinar tripodand gotto the gardenat 8:15am. With about an hour of shooting time before the visitors to the garden become so numerous thatit made it difficultto fire off a shot without getting someone in the frame. I went to work, needless to say I fired off close too 100 shots in the space of an hour before the crowds and another 100 in the next 3 hours, dodging the visitors to the garden. This would not have been possible without a manageable tripod with a smooth fluid head that allowed me to quickly pan for the right shot. out of 200 shotsabout 150 were photographs I would be proud to show. I could not have done it without a good, FAST, sturdy tripod. Just my 2 cents.

P.S. Bigger is better:!:Tripod that is.:lol::lol::lol:

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:54 PM   #16

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
I wanted your opinion. I use the tripod mostly inside, close. The few times I've used it outdoors, I'd say it was fine. It's got 7 adjustments on it and it's stable. I was just wondering what makes for a good tripod.

I would say thats it. If it makes you happy its a good tripod.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 12:59 PM   #17

The Hamma tripods are pretty good and also relatively cheap, I'm pretty pleased with my Gamma 71.
I would recommend it to anyone if they can find it (I got mine in Israel)
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote