Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2005, 6:06 AM   #11

The male dancer reminds me of me. Sometimes on the weekends, I drink a flask full of cheap bourbon, put on tights, and prance about the house to organ/roller-rink music. Though I never studied ballet, and am quite clumsy at this - I DON'T CARE! It's a guilty pleasure, and it gives my life meaning.

Last edited on Thu Mar 17th, 2005 05:33 pm by NickTrop
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 7:15 AM   #12

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
While we're quoting dictionary definations,
Quote:
1 : a representation of something in outline; especially : a human head or face represented or seen in a side view
I dunno, Nick, that shot is sorta interesting but it's more rear and hair than profile. Got the blurred tip of the nose and chin, but profile? I like a lot of your shots but this one leaves me cold...she looks like she could even be asleep.
Gawd Troop, if you don' like it ya don' like it. It's all good. There's no pride of authorship here. Her nose is blurry. I blurred the background in PS and did a sloppy job of it. It's just a little experiment in composition, basically. Bored, (hungry) and just foolin' around. : )

Kinda an oddball "experimental" shot, posted to see what (if any) kind of reaction it got. That's what forums are for. Favorite reaction is "austere" :G

Even if this was/wasn't the intent, next time I think something sucks but am too polite to say so, I will use this term. :G
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 7:22 AM   #13

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I once knew a¬*hansome man with blond hair¬*who talked a good game but could not play. He had all the right equipment knew all the technicalities and the rules but.¬* We discussed this over malted milks but did not arrive at any resolution. He finally left in his new car with the rebates flying behind him.
... Got it. :blah: Glad the lost art of the non-sequiter or the sublime was not lost on you.
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:58 AM   #14

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I once knew ahansome man with blond hairwho talked a good game but could not play. He had all the right equipment knew all the technicalities and the rules but. We discussed this over malted milks but did not arrive at any resolution. He finally left in his new car with the rebates flying behind him.

JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:21 AM   #15

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I once knew a¬*hansome man with blond hair¬*who talked a good game but could not play. He had all the right equipment knew all the technicalities and the rules but.¬* We discussed this over malted milks but did not arrive at any resolution. He finally left in his new car with the rebates flying behind him.
Jed...

As much as I appreciate the "horseman"-esque back up, totally unnecessary. :G One must "consider the source" - always.

Love NY and most NY'ers, but one must consider that they ALL:

1. Have pretensions (...think Fraser Krane)
2. Have a bit of a chip...
3. Are more than a bit wound...

One must embrace these quirks for any hope to get along with any of them. These quirks are primarily due to a high cost of living, and being unable to own a car (- or if you do, being unable to park), and having Frank Sinatra sing a (pretty lame...) tune puffing up your city, and the embarrassment of having the Giants, Jets, Rangers (thanks for taking Lindros by the way. How'd that work out for ya?), and Islanders pro sports teams. That's why I like Philly. Smaller/livable version of NY, (soooooooo) sans the pretensions... When I want to rub elbows with the pretensious, it's a $15 train ticket and 45mins from here.

Besides, I started it via my "ballerina" post.
:lol:
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:31 AM   #16

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Jed...

As much as I appreciate the "horseman"-esque back up, totally unnecessary. :G One must "consider the source" - always.

Good point Nick. Never thought about the avatar offending or being arogant, just humerous in response to that "Space Mountain" comment you made a while back. I changed over to something that conveys a message of love and caring. I appreciate your suggestions.
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:37 AM   #17

JEDinNC wrote:
Quote:
NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Jed...

¬*

Good point Nick. Never thought about the avatar offending or being arogant, just humerous in response to that "Space Mountain" comment you made a while back. I changed over to something that conveys a message of love and caring. I appreciate your suggestions.
:?: Check your PM. : )
Old Mar 19, 2005, 1:07 PM   #18

Nice perspective!
Very good B&W!
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Even if this was/wasn't the intent, next time I think something sucks but am too polite to say so, I will use this term.
LOL, ok, I need lessons in subtlety. I wish I knew how to do the work in PS that you put into that photo. I love your pics and your tutorials, and have learned a lot from them.

It's just one picture anyway!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 3:34 PM   #20

Personally I like it and think austere a good defination, a little of each 1-6; severe ,ascetic, austere,severely simple, solemn, lacking softness(in the subject not the DOF). Good composition, I like the way the eye is guided through the picture to the subject.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote