Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2005, 1:46 AM   #1

Have been doing lots of forum reading and have ordered an FZ5 which is on the way. I'm waiting very impatiently! I am amazed at the quality of the posted pics with the Nikon 6T macro lens and would really like to try this sort of photography with my new camera. Being a newbie I'm a little confused. Can I use a 6T with the FZ5 or do I need a different size? Is it true that the lens adaptor which comes supplied with the camera is too long? If so, what sort of adaptor do I need? Thanks in advance...
bandysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:34 AM   #2

The adapter supplied with the fz5 has 55mm threads to receive filters. (It is not too long - you're thinking of the fz10/15/20 stock adapter.) The 6t has 62mm threads, so you will need a 55mm-62mm step-up ring. The Olympus b-macro or mcon40 has 55mm threads eliminating the need for a step ring but they are more expensive and may be difficult to find, anyway. The presence of the step ring doesnt matter that much, IMO. There is also the option of getting a nikon 4t (52mm) and a 55-52 step-down ring.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:30 AM   #3

Just to piggyback on Fred's comments, remember when you order a step-up or a sted-down ring, the first number is always the size of the thread on the camera's lens...

So it's a:

55mm to 52mm stepDOWN ring. The camera has 55mm threads and you're attaching a 52mm filter (or adapter lens) to it.

It's a 55mm to 62 mm stepUP ring. The camera has 55mm threads; you're addinga filter with 62mm threads... etc.

Thought I might point that out as it confuses folks sometimes...
Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 6:23 PM   #4

Thanks so much for your info - sounds quite simple when it's all spelled out like that! Can't wait to get started.
bandysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote