Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2005, 11:16 AM   #21

Well if it's not tomatos then it has to be Viking Spam butties
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 11:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Hey do they wrap the fish in newspaper there? I heard they do that at street vendors in the UK.
In my younger days a "Piece o' flake (that's shark, here in OZ) and three pennorth o' chips" always came wrapped in newspaper -- sometimes with a token bit of white paper, but more often not.

Think it tasted better, too -- must have been the ink...

In these "enlightened" days, of course, the fish & chip merchant would probably go to jail for using it.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 2:36 PM   #23

Suze

Don't be so difficult. Only three guesses? Can't you just give a hint?

I read somewhere that the technology has been developed where a perticular scent can be linked with your photos/ letters. The recepient will get a whiff of the scent (of course he/shehas to have that technology too) when she/he opens a perticular file. But I don't think that the 'fishy' smell will be among those scents.

In most of the cases 'Fish' places don't have to even put up a sign to advertise what they are selling.

Boyzo

You seem to be wearing some kind of superman costume on the lower regions( I assume that you are the photographer reflected in the pane), or is it only an illusion in the windowpane?:blah:

What is common about Divorce, Bankruptcy and Fish'n chips?'All are to be taken with a pinch of salt.'
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:28 PM   #24

My guess is they serve customers, like most stores do. Even if I'm wrong, it's great to see a real fish and chip shop.

Garth
garthmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:36 PM   #25

suze wrote:
Quote:
hmmm, either this is more difficult than I had thought, or this forum is not the place for my apparentlyodd sense of humour. :?
I'm going to take a stab and say they serve Hannahbutt and Chips.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 6:55 PM   #26

Well, Suze:

It's been a few days. What's the answer - or did I miss something along the way?

Garth
garthmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 7:13 PM   #27

wise wrote:
Quote:
Suze

Don't be so difficult. Only three guesses? Can't you just give a hint?

I read somewhere that the technology has been developed where a perticular scent can be linked with your photos/ letters. The recepient will get a whiff of the scent (of course he/she has to have that technology too) when she/he opens a perticular file. But I don't think that the 'fishy' smell will be among those scents.

In most of the cases 'Fish' places don't have to even put up a sign to advertise what they are selling.

Boyzo

You seem to be wearing some kind of superman costume on the lower regions( I assume that you are the photographer reflected in the pane), or is it only an illusion in the windowpane?:blah:

What is common about Divorce, Bankruptcy and Fish'n chips?'All are to be taken with a pinch of salt.'
Yes I can Jump tall buildings
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote