Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2005, 8:48 PM   #1

Came across this website .. thought it would be useful.

http://epaperpress.com/psphoto/index.html

Harj

:G
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:06 PM   #2

Interesting. I'm on page 304 of a 900 page PS book. And completely confused. Still trying to figure out the plot.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:10 PM   #3

shotgunbride wrote:
Quote:
Interesting. I'm on page 304 of a 900 page PS book. And completely confused. Still trying to figure out the plot.
Thats cool.. i'm still on page 1 and still clueless!

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:13 PM   #4

Lots of good stuff at that site. Links to PTLens, actions, etc. Here's one to help add to SB's confusion:arrow:

http://www.sketchpad.net/photoshp.htm
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:24 PM   #5

New Topic Idea. Best shot out of the camera.

No guilt for not spending hours figuring out PP while I try to balance the rest of my life, make a living, program my ipod, keep my clients happy, remember everyone's birthday, change the empty toilet paper roll, donate blood, attend planning board meetings, feed the birds, polish my toes, be kind to my bartender and leave a six pack out for the trash man. Nuff said. I'll get it in time.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:32 PM   #6

You're right SB. Time for the disposable cameras:idea:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:43 PM   #7

nooner wrote:
Quote:
You're right SB. Time for the disposable cameras:idea:

I'm sorry if I've disappointed you nooner. I'll be sure not to post any more pics until I feel comfortable enough with my PS abilities to stand up to deserved criticism.

I admire what you do and generally thinkyou're right on the money with what you say.
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:14 PM   #8

SGB and HarjTT, have either of you found paint shop or Photos Shop for Dummies anywhere, cause I sure as hell need it, guess I'm not alone in my quest to do everything at once....1st digi-camera....now all this imaging stuff.....Oh when will it ever stop!!!!!

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:16 PM   #9

Hey, I've been looking for tips on general photography and photoshop tutorials, and the last few days I've found some interesting sites. I'm going to look at the two sites recommended above, too.

First, this one has well over a dozen links - some are for pay, but many offer great free advice.

Of those, I like this onea lot so far, and I imagine I'm going to spend a bit of time there.

Finally, I'm leaning toward buying the 123di.com ebook, because its approach to teaching PS seems the best. I downloaded the demo, and I'm not sure, but it looks like all the power of PS is covered in the appendices, but they point back to actual specific examples on how to use specific approaches and tools, back in the ebook itself. I noticed it's linked from Harj's link.

I have not bought the ebook yet, so I can't tell you for sure - I'm just going off the demo, and a comment on that first site I gave. If I do get the ebook, I'll post an initial impression and followup reviews. If not, I'll just stay quiet on it. :-)

Meanwhile, thanks for these two links! Both look excellent.

One thing about the Internet - there's a wealth of knowledge! We just have to find it, and find the best presentation for each of us.

cageyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:23 PM   #10

anyways...

Wow! Great link! This is why I love this forum... I can't wait to get my FLuzi... Oh baby... Only a few more days... I love the government... I've gotten SO much back it Income taxes that it's as good as paid for!
hitmanx is offline   Reply With Quote