Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2005, 9:57 PM   #1

No zoom:

12X zoom

18X zoom using DMW-LTZ10 telelens with FZ20 set to 12X zoom

JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:08 PM   #2

Hey, you got it! You're gunna have big fun now.

I like the progression shots. It really shows the awesome power of the FZ's and it's long lens zoom. I can't wait to see what else you post with you new baby.

All the best,
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:14 PM   #3

Thank you smac.

Haven't had much of a chance to play with the new telelens. However, After wednesday this week I will be on a holiday trip for 2 weeks and will have all the time in the world to really have some fun with this lens.

I am gonna concentrate on water birds as I will be caravanning next to a river with lots of birdlife.

Are you still having fun with your lens?

Cheers
Old Mar 18, 2005, 10:26 PM   #4

JandG wrote:
Quote:
Thank you smac.

I am gonna concentrate on water birds as I will be caravanning next to a river with lots of birdlife.

Cheers
Sounds like my kind of fun.

Yes, I use it every chance I get. And I still think it is Fantastic.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 2:05 PM   #5

JandG wrote:
Quote:
Thank you smac.

Haven't had much of a chance to play with the new telelens. However, After wednesday this week I will be on a holiday trip for 2 weeks and will have all the time in the world to really have some fun with this lens.

Cheers

JandG, would one assume that the first two pictures were without the LTZ10? The reason I ask this is I don't believe you can use "0" Zoom with this lens, has to be a minimum of 6-7X or something like that. Nice Pics and I am still mulling over getting a LTZ10 and selling my TCON14B that I haven't had a chance to even use yet. Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 4:29 PM   #6

ggw2000 wrote:

JandG, would one assume that the first two pictures were without the LTZ10? The reason I ask this is I don't believe you can use "0" Zoom with this lens, has to be a minimum of 6-7X or something like that. Nice Pics and I am still mulling over getting a LTZ10 and selling my TCON14B that I haven't had a chance to even use yet. Gerry

You are correct.

First two pics were without the LTZ10.

Last pic with LTZ10.

As I said elsewhere:

In the menu under conversion if you set this to Tele then the zoom doesn't go under 6X. (Range goes from 6X to 12X meaning 6x1.5=9 to 12x1.5=18 with LTZ10 fitted)

If you leave the conversion setting set to off then vignetting starts pretty much when you go below 6X zoom. Actually I have found that you can go down down to 5X and if you go further then vignetting starts to happen. All this ofcourse with the setting "Conversion = off"

So far I love this lens and consider it a perfect match for the FZ20. Very well made, comes with a very nice bracket for tripod use. And then that F/2.8 all the way through to 18X zoom. But it cost a lot. The next two weeks I hope to have the time whilst on holidays to really take lots of pics with this lens.

Will post some when I get back.

Cheers
Old Mar 19, 2005, 5:54 PM   #7

JandG wrote:
Quote:
ggw2000 wrote:

You are correct.

First two pics were without the LTZ10.

Last pic with LTZ10.

As I said elsewhere:

In the menu under conversion if you set this to Tele then the zoom doesn't go under 6X. (Range goes from 6X to 12X meaning 6x1.5=9 to 12x1.5=18 with LTZ10 fitted)

If you leave the conversion setting set to off then vignetting starts pretty much when you go below 6X zoom. Actually I have found that you can go down down to 5X and if you go further then vignetting starts to happen. All this ofcourse with the setting "Conversion = off"

So far I love this lens and consider it a perfect match for the FZ20. Very well made, comes with a very nice bracket for tripod use. And then that F/2.8 all the way through to 18X zoom. But it cost a lot. The next two weeks I hope to have the time whilst on holidays to really take lots of pics with this lens.

Will post some when I get back.

Cheers

JandG, thanks for the response. I'll bet you love that hunk of glass! Have a good holiday and bring back some LTZ10 pics... Gerry
ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 6:04 PM   #8

Hey I wish to get a digital cam, these LMC are very good, I suppose these were shooting with a tripod. If not, I will buy it without regrets over 350XT or d70..

( this shot will cost me with these SLR over 4000$ and I supose, the FZ20, wir¡th only $900-1000.... Am i writgh????)

thanks

Emmanuel

a Belgian In Costa Rica
Eponsart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:18 AM   #9

Indeed, these shots were taken using a tripod.

Going to try handheld shots with the telelens over the next 2 weeks.

Cheers