Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2005, 1:20 AM   #1

Hey guys, I was wondering what camera bag I should get when I purchase the FZ-15. Basically, I won't be carrying around anything significant in the bag except an extra battery. I will be leaving my lens hood at home because the darn thing is huge and I don't want to lug it around. I'm hoping to get a camera bag in which I can attach to my belt because for some reason, I don't like lugging bags on my back like a backpack.

The only thing that I may consider is carrying around an extra pair of lens (in particular, macro lens because I know the FZ-15/20 is weak with macro shooting unless you get an add-on lens). I have no idea how big the macro lens is nor the size of the lens adapter too.
Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:52 AM   #2
Fox

I don't know if this is the smallest, but it does fit the FZ15 quite snug. The Lowepro EX140.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 9:51 AM   #3

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=108408-410

It fits perfectly (with enough room for an extra battery or two) if you have the lens hood. Not only that, but it is dirt cheap ($2.95+$2 shipping), I got two because they were so cheap. Oh, and it has a belt loop thing to make it possible to attach to your belt.
So if you are willing to bring your lens hood along, this is a great case to hold the essentials.
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 3:37 PM   #4

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 3:53 PM   #5

I like the LowePro. It is more expensive but it has padding to provide some protection. The FZ15 fits snugly with the lens adapter on. It has a couple of pockets for extra battery and memory cards etc.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2005, 7:36 PM   #6

I use the Lowepro EX220. It hold the FZ20 with or without a Nikon 6t attached. It also has room for a spare battery, remote switch, and my card reader.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2005, 3:27 PM   #7

If anyone is curious as to what bag I ended up with, I ended up with one from some company called "Centrios." Remember that I set out looking for the smallest bag possibly as I did not really need the space for extra accessories. I also wanted a belt clip of some sort. This bag has it all! The model number is "CE100-BLK" and below are some images of the bag.

I put my extra batteries into the front compartment as well as a spare SD memory card. As for the camera itself, I can either have the camera dive right in facing downward into the bottom of the bag (with the LCD facing upwards towards the sky) or I lay my camera sideways inside the bag so that the right-side grip is facing upwards towards the sky. With the latter, the camera is like a gun within a holster because I can just grab it without fumbling the camera and touching the LCD screen. Unfortunately, I don't think a lens hood will fit.

I got the bag for $14.99 at a local CircuitCity.
Comp625 is offline   Reply With Quote