Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:18 AM   #1

What's the best telephoto lens for the FZ20? I have a 62mm phayee adapter but will but whatever step rings or new adapters needed. I'm looking for a high quality piece. I was thinking about the Olympus tcon14B but I'm not sure of the actual quality of the product. Also I noticed some of these are very heavy, does this have any effect on the fixed lens as far as stress goes? Thanks
mliebs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2005, 8:27 AM   #2

The 14B is an excellent lens, maybe 2nd only to the Panasonic lens and much cheaper.

While it is heavy, all the weight is on the adapter so it does not hurt the camera.

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:22 AM   #3

mliebs8 wrote:
Quote:
What's the best telephoto lens for the FZ20? I have a 62mm phayee adapter but will but whatever step rings or new adapters needed. I'm looking for a high quality piece. I was thinking about the Olympus tcon14B but I'm not sure of the actual quality of the product. Also I noticed some of these are very heavy, does this have any effect on the fixed lens as far as stress goes? Than
I feel that step rings degrade the picture quality. I think, like Gene,that the Tcon14B is a very good selection.
bumbiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:49 PM   #4

Ihave heard good thingsabout thepanasonic tele-lens. There is a website that has reviewed it but I cannot rememberthe name.
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:10 PM   #5

mliebs8 wrote:
Quote:
What's the best telephoto lens for the FZ20? I have a 62mm phayee adapter but will but whatever step rings or new adapters needed. I'm looking for a high quality piece. I was thinking about the Olympus tcon14B but I'm not sure of the actual quality of the product. Also I noticed some of these are very heavy, does this have any effect on the fixed lens as far as stress goes? Thanks
See the Converter Lensessection of my FZ-10 user guide for the details. The best one is definitely the Panasonic LTZ10 or the Nikon TC-E17ED (if one can find a 62-60mm thread converter); but, they are very expensive. The second choice is one of the TCON-14B, Sony VCL HGD1758, and TCON-17. If edge performance and low chromatic aberration are important to you, the Minolta ACT-100 is very good. A small and light weight alternative is the Canon TL-55. I don't have experience in other lenses made by other brands. However, I believe the above list is good enough. Again, look at my comparison page for the details.

CK

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam

Nikon Coolpix 950/990/995/2500/4500/5700 and Panasonic FZ-10 User Guides

shene is offline   Reply With Quote