Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2005, 12:59 PM   #21

Fred,

I fooled around with the first image in PS... I used a plug-in called "Auto Eye" that is similar to Auto-adjust levels (maybe a little better...) I also used Bradsiraction for doing the channel mixing, tried some Flamin' Pear "aestherize", and sharpened them up a bit.. This added little, if anything. Not worth posting... The noise in this shot is not objectionable, imo.

These are excellent/interesting ir compositions, among the best I've seen posted here. I've revisited this post several times. The extreme perspective of the DCR 6600 really enhances the dramatic, severe quasi-duotone -esque (how's zat for a descriptive term?) imagery of ir. Point is, fooling with these further in PS will just "break the image"... Excellent captures! Submit them somewhere... At least take'em to Cosco and get a nice print made...

Without the Yoshida adapter on my Fluzy, the Raynox would just be too far from the lens with an ir filter attached causing vignetting and loss of image quality... The DCR 6600 is - and I think you'll agree, the best WA adapter out there for the money, especially with the proper adapter.

N
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:29 PM   #22

Here is my attempt. I used some edge preserving blur as my last action with PhotoFiltre and used Brad's IR action in PS. I did use NoiseWare Community Edition with the default setting.

Thanks for letting metry this one out. It helps me learn to be better at post-processing and I have not had cooperative weather to take any IR shots.

I appreciate the IR fix. Becoming an IR junkie. :G
Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:06 PM   #23

I'veexperienced 3 sheets to the wind but 4? :-)

Good IR shots.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 5:38 PM   #24

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
The extreme perspective of the DCR 6600 really enhances the dramatic, severe quasi-duotone -esqueimagery of ir.
Say WHAT? Oh yea, BABY! I gotcha! mon!

I think the 6600 is an excellent, affordable wa lens. The best, IMO. Clean corners and essentially no barrel distortion. Of course there is going to be some degradation and it's going to be amplified when using a sexy filter like the r72. But ir is quite forgiving and the overall result is very satisfying. There is going to be significant noise if you insist on handheld iso. That's the way the game is played at this level. Noise reduction processing works, but at some point the inherent plastic look becomes dissatisfying and one must stop PPing and go with the grainto retain the detail. Either that or go with the tripod and lose the freedom.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:12 PM   #25

spectacular shots..wow they have a unbelievable feel to them...love them all
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 11:24 PM   #26

Love the shots. #1 and 3 are knock outs!
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:35 AM   #27

You met Nick, I am very jealous!!!!!! I love the pic. I really hope when Panasonic comes out with the newer version of the FZ20 (maybe they should call it the FZ-extreme edition!) they have that infrared capability, it really is a kewl thing. And it isn't gimmicky like some special effects, I think it is an artform unto itself. And you guys here, in this forum, prove that over and over. Great work!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 4:26 AM   #28

Wow. I wish my FZ20 had IR capabilities.

Well done Fred.
Jaynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 5:30 AM   #29

Those IR photos certainly do make everyday items look interesting. Funky stuff Fred. I wish the FZ10 had this ability.

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote