Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:40 AM   #11

Brrrrr, Looks cold. Nice job on the geese and I really like the one that follows. I love all the vertical lines in the trees and their reflection in the water. You did a great job of composing that one Bob.
smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 1:56 AM   #12

G'day Bobc, enjoyed the photos, if ya been around I've missed ya, welcome back, as always look forward to your photos. How's the fitness program going...pm if you wish.

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 3:57 AM   #13

Nice job - I personally like the last one best although the colours seem a bit washed out. Like the little bits of green - like they have won the struggle to exist among the rocks and the cold.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:34 AM   #14

Thanks everyone. These are straight out of the camera shots. I have a long way to go in learning how to get a good shot before I would feel worthy of punching them up. I do resize for for the site requiremnts, and I do crop when needed. Once and a while I mess around with image editing to do special effects stuff though.

Actually it was a warm day, and I don't know how the ice on that last one was even possible. I think there may be an under ground spring seeping through the rocks or something.

I was just happy to get out, get a few shots, and clear my mind from developing software for a living. Not that I don't love my job, but it is one of the most mentally challenging professions (next to being a NASA scientist)...:?. I love my profession and it is quite rewarding. I have more than doubled my salary in the past 3 years, and although I have a lot to learn, I am in a position to work with the most advanced technology available. Our system is an nTier'd fully object oriented (OO) system using dot net technology and C# as the language.

The working out is doing good so far. I walk a half hour at lunch with people from work every day, and use my total gym for muscular endurance conditioning. I have also been able to cut thedose of my medication for panic attacks in half (again) from 2 to 3 mg per day to 1 to 1.5 mg per day. I attribute this to the excersize. I am not weighing myself because my weight will take care of itself. It took a long time to put on 30 lbs and I am not going to rush it away.

It was really nice to hear from you all again, and I am crunching at work right now so when the colors start comming back, I can get out more and get some nice pics, and devote some time to this forum again.

Thanks all... You all rock...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:41 AM   #15

bobc wrote:
Quote:
The working out is doing good so far. I walk a half hour at lunch with people from work every day, and use my total gym for muscular endurance conditioning. I have also been able to cut thedose of my medication for panic attacks in half (again) from 2 to 3 mg per day to 1 to 1.5 mg per day. I attribute this to the excersize. I am not weighing myself because my weight will take care of itself. It took a long time to put on 30 lbs and I am not going to rush it away.
Awesome Bobc!
JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:42 AM   #16

Hey bobc, sounds like everything is workin for you, and pleased that ya still on your excersise program....good on ya.

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 9:07 AM   #17

bob..these are great shots...no 4 is sweet i like it a lot
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 4:51 PM   #18

bobc! Long time, no time, buddy... Enjoyed the shots... nice ones. Glad to hear you're doin' swell.

N...
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote