Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2005, 8:54 AM   #1

Hi.

I'm looking for some extra power for shooting birdlife mainly.

What I would like to know (or perhaps even see?) is how much better the LTZ10 is over the Minolta ACT-100 and how good is the TCON-17 for birdlife.

Can someone advise, or perhaps post some good pictures, which have not been compressed too much, of birds taken with these lens's. I've seen SMAC's images of eagles etc and they look very good to me. I'm just torn between the quality of the LTZ10 and the extra mag' of the TCON-17.

There is also the small issue of no-one appearing to have the LTZ10 in-stock in UK?

Thanks

cobtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:24 AM   #2

cobtree wrote:
Quote:
Hi.

I'm looking for some extra power for shooting birdlife mainly.

What I would like to know (or perhaps even see?) is how much better the LTZ10 is over the Minolta ACT-100 and how good is the TCON-17 for birdlife.

Can someone advise, or perhaps post some good pictures, which have not been compressed too much, of birds taken with these lens's. I've seen SMAC's images of eagles etc and they look very good to me. I'm just torn between the quality of the LTZ10 and the extra mag' of the TCON-17.

There is also the small issue of no-one appearing to have the LTZ10 in-stock in UK?

Thanks

Much better over the Tcon 17 and ACT-100. Suggest the Tcon 14B that stack up very well.
bumbiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2005, 10:49 AM   #3

Nothing I have seen is as good as the Panny lens but is it worth the price?

Not to me. (If it were a 2X lens that would be different)

Here is a link to some 14B photos

http://imageevent.com/grc6/toshareonnet/tcon14b

And here is a link to some other tele lens unfortunately none with the TCon 17 alone, but there are some with it stacked on a tcon14(not a B)

http://imageevent.com/grc6/toshareon...on14plustcon17
genece is offline   Reply With Quote