Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 21, 2005, 12:50 AM   #11

Thanks Nancy, I had fun playing with this one. It was actually my wife's suggestion to alter the pic. She knows how much I love to play with pictures

Congratulations on your D20 purchase. From everything I've read, it's an awesome camera. I'll check over once in a while to see your picture posts. What are your plans for lenses?....Allot of wonderful choices...and some verrry pricey ones too!!!
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 1:18 AM   #12

Oh Guaz, uy veyyyyyy! Lens choices have made me procrastinate my purchase. But thank the lord for the internet, and thank the lord for steves forums!!!! In my many discussions with the Canon forum ( a bunch of great guys, almost as cool as 'youse guys' but no cigar!) I have come to a few choices. I will buy the EF-S 17-85mm lens. Primarily b/c it was designed for the camera (and the drebel). I am not crazy about the fact that it is f4-f5.6, but on the flip side you can shoot at ISO 3200 with less grain/noise than our FZ20 at 400 (maybe even 200).The specs are pretty incredible on the lens.In the past I used to have all Contax 35mm equip and primarily all lenses were f1.4, maybe f2.8 for the powerful teles. And the fstop was constant thru the zoom range. That is also what sold me on the FZ20 to begin with, the f2.8 thruought the zoom range.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"After I buy the body and the 17-85mm lens, my second choice is either the 28-135mm lens which is relatively cheap, and it is billed as a perfect "walk-around lens". And you know that these numbers are for 35mm the actual mm equiv is 27-136mm equiv for the 17-85mm lens. And 45-216mm equivfor the 28-135mm lens. And my other choice (I am not sure which lens I will buy first) is the 70-300mm DO IS lens. This lens also is newly designed and is really short (asopposed to those other Canon monsters that you see @ football games). Here is a link to the discussion on the lens:http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=47350&forum_id=65
It's specs aren't so great being that it is over $1k. But I love thefact that it is a small lens (to match my petite body). The major qualm is that it is a "soft" lens. But if you look atthe pics on the above link they look amazing to me, even if I have to sharpen in PS, so be it.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I knowCanon has the "L" series lenses but it is so expensive, and I hear that Tamron and Sigma have some pretty close seconds which are much cheaper, but if you know me, you know that I love quality, so I will spend the money. But for now, tomorrow my purchase will be the D20 and the 17-85mm EF-S lens. I will post pictures almost immediately (I gotta wait until thebattery charges).

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"AndGuaz, are you thinking ofa dslr? Youshould check out Popular Photography's April issue, theyreview all of the dslrs and have a picture comparison (the d20 is the best,IMHO). Do you know anything of Canon lenses??? If so please give me all of the info being that I am in the market. You are welcome to PM me, I would appreciate your input. Take care and keep up the amazing work! Nancy
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 2:02 AM   #13

Live long and perspire profusely oh mighty guaz. Your humor is giving Nick a run for his money. This is becoming a regular Saturday Night Live forum here. Love the work done with this picture.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 8:54 PM   #14

John - Per your request, I'll post more garden pictures.

Nancy - No, I don't know the fine points about Canon lenses accept that their pro line is highly regarded and no, I have no plans to move up to a DSLR at this time. That's why I got the FZ20, so I wouldn't have to lug around a big bulky camera with two or three extra lenses. But who knows...if i want to print pictures bigger than 16x20, I could certainly be tempted with a higher 8-10 mega-pixel DSLR. Thanks for the heads up on the April issue of Popular Photography...I'll definitely pick up a copy, who knowsthe articlemay be just the thing to push me over the DSLR side.

vIZnquest - I'm perspiring profusely right now, I'm dripping wet!... Oh, wait...it's not me...I forgot, I just came in out of the rain:O...
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:24 PM   #15

Priceless! Creative! This is something you should sell on eBay. I wouldn't buy it - on account of I'm cheap, but I bet somebody would.

Partial to the original Star Trek cuz it was made in the groovy 60's. Love how the women of the Enterprise all dressed like cocktail waitresses. "...Uhura, hail the Klingons and uh, get me another rum-n-coke". :roll:

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 9:28 PM   #16

Beam me up Gauz.............................................. ...........
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote