Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 23, 2005, 7:25 AM   #11

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Call ahead and see if the people putting on the Luau allow the use of flash photography during the performance. I have seen a couple of them and I think one did not allow flashes.

Good idea troop, reservations are made so I'll call.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:10 AM   #12

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Call ahead and see if the people putting on the Luau allow the use of flash photography during the performance. I have seen a couple of them and I think one did not allow flashes.
Yes. Do call in advance. I once made this mistake at a circus where there was a knife-thrower. PLEASE call in advance.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 12:20 AM   #13

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Yes. Do call in advance. I once made this mistake at a circus where there was a knife-thrower. PLEASE call in advance.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 1:05 AM   #14

You know, troop, I was just thinking, that fire dance is rather tricky to photograph. I really wanted to watch the fire dance, so I actually turned off my camera to watch at that point. But short of spending the $$$ on a dslr that can shoot at ISO1600 and above, you needed a flash to illuminate. I would have done the same thing as on my photo, a slow shutter, and I am sure you would have gotten some real trippy photos of the fire stick, turned light stick via your ccd chip. It would like be writing with light, way cool. The other thing you can try is a mini tripod and just do slower pics, there would be blur, but the background wouldn't look like camera shake. Best Buy here in NYC was selling a Sunpack 12" tripod for about 15 bucks.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 3:53 AM   #15

Thanks Gabby. I didn't even think about using a tabletop tripod. So much to learn...that's why I got the Z20 now...gives me 3 months to practice before heading out there. Any other ideas for Hawaii landscape shots etc, please don't be shy since I can see you've already gone there.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote