Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:28 PM   #1

So I'm wondering, do people get tired of seeing mediocre pictures being posted?

As a newbie to the hobby, none of my pictures seem to stack up to what is being posted. Do people prefer people to wait and post pictures after they truly have something wonderful to share? Or is everybody such photo geeks that they don't mind giving comments on amateur shots?

Please be honest

Your humble new FZ20 owner
jahsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:42 PM   #2

So Jahsh, speaking for myself, I like to see what others post. We ALL started somewhere. It's a progression. Most people here will offer objective critiques without ripping you apart. As you become more at ease with your camera you will start to develop an eye for the type of photos you want to take. So don't wait, post anything you'd like to share. That's what it's all about.
Go Kings!
smac

P.S. Honesty and sarcasm seem to flow pretty easily on this site, so don't take anything too seriously.
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2005, 11:48 PM   #3

If you post with an open mind to comments you will learn a lot from the more knowledgable here ( I have)
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:00 AM   #4

post um if u got um
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:22 AM   #5

G'day, I'm with the rest here on the already said comments......there are just far to many people here that have help and assisted me both with the FZ 20 and imaging I wouldn't know where to start.

As Willow said ya got 'em .....post em

Hazz
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 12:28 AM   #6

I aspire to mediocre. That would be a welcome change for everyone here who views my posts.

go ahead. post away.
shotgunbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:11 AM   #7

:evilon't let my acid tongue discourage you from posting.

Being that I shoot with the FZ20, the most powerful zoom camera in the in the world, ask yourself this question...

DoI feel lucky?....Well do you punk?... Go ahed... post away!!!... Make my day :!: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::|

guaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 1:40 AM   #8

Guaz.....U got acid???? Can't wait to see those pics......
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 2:24 AM   #9

Jahsh

Welcome dude !You should see my pictures..I've found teh best way to improve is to take lots of pics, post a couple of what you think are the best pics and ask for comments and help on how to improve them. Do read the manual to the cam at least twice, do some search the forum for anything your interested in regards the camera and finally check the various websites that have tutorials/articles and the like on photography such as http://www.luminous-landscape.com/, http://photo.net and megapixel.net.

Finally, make sure the pictures are edible...:G:G:G

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2005, 11:31 AM   #10

<My $.02> Just post away and use a flame-retardant browser; I know I do. There are a few people here who seem to find something wrong with everything anyone else posts but somehow fail to see any flaws at all in their own work. To them I say, "pfffft." Most people who post here are extremely generous with their time and effort and actually want to help the other members here improve.

I KNOW I'm a beginner and still at the very bottom of my learning curve but the way I look at it I'm never going to get much better without comments and sometimes criticism from people who know more than I do.</My $.02>
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote