Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:28 PM   #11

genece wrote:
Quote:
You may want to look at this plate to mount the DPS9000 on , it will allow acess to the battery compartment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=7500887231
OK, I just bought this item off eBay. BTW, the official link for this product is at:

http://home.rochester.rr.com/robobear/index2.html

I should be getting it in a little over a week. I also have received the DPS-9000. It seems to work as advertized. I'll give it a good working next weekend.

Thanks,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:31 AM   #12

Well, I got to heavily use the DigiPower DPS-9000 over a 4 day weekend vacation. That device is sweet! I was able to keep the FZ20 on for hours straight. So, the FZ20 was ready at a moments notice to take a picture. I took 1500 pictures over the weekend.

Unfornately, I didn't receive robobear's FZ20 tripod adapter in time for the trip. I didn't expect to receive it in time anyway. I tried the adapter plate and it works as advertized. I can open the battery compartment with the DPS-9000 still attached to the FZ20. It also moves the DPS-9000 forward so that it is flush with the back of the FZ20. This makes it stick out a little in front. It seems to make holding the lens barrel with my left hand a little awkard. Other than that, it is a great product.

I highly recommend both products.

Enjoy life!
Steven
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:29 PM   #13

genece wrote:
Quote:
I have it use it and like it....lasts longer than the Panasonic

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....PROD_ID=716928#

genece, do you have an FZ-20? I ask because one of the reviewers on theoverstock site left this comment about that battery:

Reviewer: Charles Barron from Wadsworth IL USA

This battery will not correctly fit the Panasonic FZ-20 camera or it's charger. The Panasonic Battery is recessed where the label is placed. The charger has raised ridges in that area. So it willnot snap into place and must be forced and held. The camera has the same problem. The latch will not lock unless forced. Buyer be ware!!
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 10:20 AM   #14

Ihave a FZ 20 and just received the battery from Overstock that Genece referenced. It fit perfectly into the stock Panasonic charger and the FZ 20 battery slot as well.
ImGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 2:32 PM   #15

ImGreg wrote:
Quote:
I have a FZ 20 and just received the battery from Overstock that Genece referenced. It fit perfectly into the stock Panasonic charger and the FZ 20 battery slot as well.
I once used a generic battery for my FZ1 & FZ20. It did fit fine, at first. Then over time it seem to have swelled slightly and now it is a very tight fit. So, I quit using it fearing that it would get stuck and I would not be able to easily remove it. Now, I just use the Panasonic brand or my DPS-9000 external battery which, BTW, is about the same cost of a generic battery ($40) and gives you the power life of almost 3 generic batteries.

Just my $0.02,
Steven
Old Apr 9, 2005, 3:44 PM   #16

i have purchased two such batteries from overstock.com for my fz20 and they work fine. one of the batteries doesn't click in securely to the charger but it stays in place when charging. the other battery clicks in securely to the charger and both fit the camera and have good staying power.
Prof.Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2005, 8:20 PM   #17

I am the one who started this post and I decided to buy one of the batteries from Overstock.com. I have received the battery and it fit the charger fine (and charged) and fits in the camera (FZ20) exactly the same as the one that came with the camera. I'm happy with it.

rrich01
rrich01 is offline   Reply With Quote