Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:08 PM   #1

Hi All,

Let me state that I did do a search here and found everything from B&W pics to black dress. Not much luck. Thought I would mention so no one thinks I'm just bein' lazy.

Any way, my pics of our black animals just do not come out with detail even with good light,(fz3 is my weapon). We have a beautiful black cat and our dog just had 6 of the "cutest" black puppies you have ever seen. I do mean black whiskers and nose for the cat and all for the puppies except for their blue eyes. Would truly appreciate any help or suggestions-except for one of Nicks' recipes:blah:.

Thanks in advance. Have tried b&w and sepia and that doesn't deliver-although I do like the sepia effect.

Happy :|,

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2005, 5:40 PM   #2

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 6:21 PM   #3

chopper123 wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Let me state that I did do a search here and found everything from B&W pics to black dress. Not much luck. Thought I would mention so no one thinks I'm just bein' lazy.

Any way, my pics of our black animals just do not come out with detail even with good light,(fz3 is my weapon). We have a beautiful black cat and our dog just had 6 of the "cutest" black puppies you have ever seen. I do mean black whiskers and nose for the cat and all for the puppies except for their blue eyes. Would truly appreciate any help or suggestions-except for one of Nicks' recipes:blah:.

Thanks in advance. Have tried b&w and sepia and that doesn't deliver-although I do like the sepia effect.

norma
Try the spot meter and use the flash in shutter priority.. Diffused if you can.. External flash is better for these shots..

Example:

Slightly touched up in photoshop to adjust the levels and bring out the photo more.
Jeff

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 8:57 PM   #4

hi chopper i have the same problem i think ravens are very interesting yet they are so hard to shoot ..well i shot this one but i overexposed it a bit to get more detail ...but this guy is kewl anyway..i think he's saying ..i'm to sexy for my hair..to sexy
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2005, 9:34 PM   #5

I think the picture of something black needs to be slightly overexposed.

And one other thing the NR needs to be on low.

This one was taken with a FZ10 as I do not have a good example with the FZ20.
Attached Images

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies!!:-) I have used my camera mostly on P,it should be B for beginner. I played with the exposure,using +- 2/3 and it wasn't bad but not POPIN'. Maybe a trip to pp would help also.

Thanks for posting the pics also-thats what I'm looking to get for my results.

norma
chopper123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2005, 11:03 PM   #7

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote