Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:42 PM   #1

I have started a gallery for closeups using various culs I have. Please keep in mind that I suffer from tremors that force me to use a monopod on my good days and a tripod/timer on my bad days. I live in the Texas panhandle where the winds are 15-25 mph on the still days. Please do not blame the lenses for my faults.
I started many (50 years) ago with the Kodak lenses then went to the Hoya +1,+2,+4, then the Cokin +3 and finally the Nikon 6T. I will continue to add photos to this gallery so check back from time to time.
I just added a 62mm Hoya UV to the 6T as an exposed cul worries me. I am also trying out a 62mm rubber hood.
Enjoy and share any comments that might help me improve my photos. Bobby
http://www.debbiesphotos.Nikon6TvsCo...otoShare.co.nz
Bobby Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2005, 8:24 PM   #2

Very interesting Bobby.

I d like to see more various test images though and also some macro with Nikon and Hoya stacked together if this can be realized.

FZ1 really makes a great job, sometimes it d be hard to tell the difference from more recent models, in small size pics. And it has IR shots capabilities.

Thanks for the link and test
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:16 AM   #3

Thank you for the test!
What is the working distance of the Hoya close-ups?
Thank you for the answer!
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:39 PM   #4

I tried the Hoya +7 stack + the 6T and couldn't get it to focus. The problem may be my setup-55-52 for the +1+2+4 then a 52-55 then a 55-62 to attach the 6T. It might work with 62 Hoyas.
The Hoyas will work out past 12", but seem to like the low end of the camera zoom best unlike the 6T which seems to like 12X zoom. I tried some comparisons using my reversed Nikon f1.4/50mm, but my eyes aren't up to the task anymore. I may try to put the camera up on the old Sony XBR2 and see if can get a sharper focus.
I was working on buds that were .5 cm in diameter which may not have helped, but I love to see things this small in all their detail.-Bobby
Bobby Pearce is offline   Reply With Quote