Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:22 AM   #1

My new FZ5 finally arrived last night and I love it! :-D I'm no photographer by any means but I'm happy with what I've been able to achieve with it so far. It's very user friendly for a simpleton like me! The camera is very comfortable to hold but I do have small hands. Someone with huge hands might find it a bit fiddly. I can see it's going to take mea while to learnto make the most of all the manual functions - I've only ever used a point and shoot before, so any advice would be appreciated. Here's a few shots for anyone interested.

bandysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:39 AM   #2

What a cool looking dog! Great shots for starters.. Enjoy the camera.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:50 AM   #3

Thanks Jeff, thatemail you sent me was really helpful. The metering experiment worked exactly as you described.I'm slowly working through all the info. My old dog loves having her photo taken (probably cause I always feed her after she poses!) but her cataracts always make her eyes look funny.
Old Mar 25, 2005, 1:54 AM   #4

Glad to help.. I hope your dog gets along okay.. I thought that was a flash shot and we were seeing a bit of the doggie red eye..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:14 AM   #5

I really enjoyed your photos.........hooray another from Aussie-land, welcome to our world of FZ's, and yes you will find Jeff and many others here a great help...cause they all sure helped me....looking forward to more pics. oops forgot to mention..what a great looking dawg as they spell it in US.
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 2:57 AM   #6

Thanks for the welcome Harry, I had a look at your homepage and love your photos! My favourite is "Sunset over Lake Wallis" - it's beautiful.

Old Mar 25, 2005, 4:23 PM   #7

Hi; I am in the same boat as you as I am waiting for my new FZ5 to arrive (already at home depot I see on the tracking site!)...No particular experience except for my old Olympus Zoom camera which I know will not compare to this new one. I have researched cameras for about six months and after Steve's review on FZ20 knew that these are for me. Just in the end decided the size of FZ5 is handier for me to take around with me.
I am going on holiday to Japan in April so hope to have some nice shots of Mt Fuji etc...but don't know how I get on outside of automatic settings...but sure will have fun trying to decipher it all!
Good luck with learning to use your new camera!
Adore your doggie!
I hope the more experienced shooters here will not mind beginners shots on this site....
I have learned so much from just looking at the photos here!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2005, 6:44 PM   #8

That really is a cool dog!

I have been torn about ordering the FZ5. Sometimes I'm convinced it's the right camera for me, and sometimes I want the 640x480 video capability of the Dimage Z5, along with it's manual focus capability. Problem with the Dimage is you would never want to use it at over ISO 200. maybe noise correction software is the answer. On the other hand, the Panny forum is way better than the Minolta!
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote