Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2005, 4:06 PM   #11

Genece

That bit of pshop on the image has worked really well, almost as if that's how it should have been - just my opinion as it looks natural. Not over sharp either.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:56 PM   #12

The lasty one is better contrasted and not too saturated, but IMO the yellow cast of the WB is still evident.

FraF
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:36 PM   #13

Here's my attempt - still think Genece's one is better. Tried to correct the white balance issue not sure if its successful. Also just minor levels adjustment and reducing the brightness by -10 in Pshop.

Harj
Attached Images

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:26 PM   #14

Good one Harj, I did not notice the white balance thing till you pointed it out.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:08 PM   #15

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Here's my attempt - still think Genece's one is better. Tried to correct the white balance issue not sure if its successful. Also just minor levels adjustment and reducing the brightness by -10 in Pshop.

Harj
Thanks guys. I think Genece's looks the most natural, but the color cast bothers me. Harj's correction looks 'better' color-wise to what I remember, but not as natural. I may fiddle with his a bit and repost IF I can get closer to what I 'remember', but all in all a good exercise I think. The more saturated pics are interesting, but maybe not very 'realistic'. I think maybe I should concentrate on getting it right out of the camera so PP doesn't play such a huge part in 'getting it right', eh. Again, thanks to all. Hope I've not taken too much of your time!

Speaking of natural, I really liked the bmullon bird images from yesterday, using the Raynox tele. Looks very natural compared to another I saw posted. So I know it CAN be achieved anyway. :|
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote