Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:26 PM   #1

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for a while, and I must say that I decided to purchase FZ20 based on your wonderful photos and your opinions about this camera. So five days ago finally my FZ20 arrived. And now I'm really happy about it. Still I have to learn how to use all potential of this camera.
Ok I will post some photos which I got while I was testing my camera.

1. I tried to get some photos of birds near feeder, but I must say I had some difficulties. Well, I did take shots through my window, so maybee it was whay most of the shots wasn't so clear (I admit that window wasn't really that clean :roll. But I'll keep trying :-) So here is picture of blue tit (little bit out of focus, but I like the pose), just resized.

Attached Images

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:28 PM   #2

Just fooling around at home
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2005, 12:28 PM   #3

I also went to the forest to test camera in field conditions. There was nothing much to photograf so I decided to check fresh cutting area. Suddenly I noticed two does. The run away from me, but I decided to lean closer. I couldn't get very close so I used little bit digital zoom. But there were so many annoying branches and twigs that covered the does. But still I managed to get some decent shots. Two days later I decided to take a look again. I found the does almost in the same place where I left them. So I again started to lean closer. This time I was luckier and got closer than last time. This time there was some 5 does. They were occupied with eating so they barely even noticed me. But still it wasn't close enough for me so I used some partisan like moves, leaning over logs on my belly :lol:. But in that way I managed to get in around 65-100 feet. So atleast then I got some nice photos. Here is last photo which I took, before they run away. It's little bit cropped, because there was only twigs on right side.
P.S. I don't know about the brightnes of these pictures, but they looked Ok on my monitor. And forgive me about my language :roll:
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2005, 10:53 PM   #4

Welcome FZ friend, I aint no expert on any suggestions but I do like 1 and 3 also love the way the does seem to be looking straight at you......sorry for my ignorance but where is Latvia.....I'm from the land down-under.
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:45 AM   #5

Hazzarbone wrote:
Quote:
Welcome FZ friend, I aint no expert on any suggestions but I do like 1 and 3 also love the way the does seem to be looking straight at you......sorry for my ignorance but where is Latvia.....I'm from the land down-under.
'Bone, Latvia, Lithuania, Estoniaarethe Baltic states - northeastern Europe, between Poland and Belarus.

Cerambyx, make sure to depress the shutter button halfway to let the camera focus before you snap the picture. if you don't do that, it can take a half-second or so for the image to be recorded, and that can cause blurring if there's any movement.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:17 AM   #6

Hi,

Thank you for the comments, and yes squirl033 your'e right, Latvia is one of Baltic state countries. We are quite used to that many people don't know where is Latvia, but it pobably would be the same if somone asked me where is Jibuti or something like that. :lol:
Well, this is my first camera, and probably most of you have been photographing before I was born (since I'm only 16) :-) So I have really much to learn from you and form my own faults, but I'm looking forwards to that, because I seem to like photographing.

Cheers!

CerambyX