Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (
-   Panasonic / Leica (
-   -   fz22 (

drt7 Mar 28, 2005 4:01 PM

i went to purchase a fz20 today the clerk told me they are discontinued and willbe replaced by the fz22 very shortly. he did not have adate or specs antbody hear the same?

Jake D Mar 28, 2005 7:45 PM

TopSpin80 Mar 28, 2005 9:09 PM

you should go find a store to look at the camera and take an SD card... print out the pdf of the manual and read it... just look at the camera in the store and take some photo's use a few of the camera's features... and go home and buy the camera for half the price of what you will pay in the store.... btw... I have an FZ15... and my wife wants one also... from what I have been noticing usually has the most reliable prices, some otheres are sometimes cheaper, but their reviews of customers are not so good.

nooner Mar 28, 2005 9:42 PM

Top what are you talking about? There is no FZ22:

squirl033 Mar 28, 2005 11:33 PM

no such thing that i've ever heard of... i think the clerk was yankin' your chain, or else just plain doesn't know what s/he is talking about... although the local Kit's Camera store is out of Z20's, and the kid there told me they weren't getting any more unless their wholesale distributor contracted for another batch from Pana. of course, these ARE digital cameras, and the Z20 HAS been out for what.... 8 months now? i suppose it is about time for rumors of a new model...

nooner Mar 29, 2005 12:25 AM

Circuit City has a ton of FZ20's.