Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:40 PM   #11

Nice system jazz...
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 8:58 PM   #12

Curious George wrote:
Quote:
you look a little under powered on the 12v line... what PSU are you running?
Curious about the DVD drive... duel layer one?
Its a real hunt to find the media here.
Juat another thing, what kind of GPU are you using?
I'm interested to hear the PCI-e trip is working out for you too
I think the power supply is 350w. Graphics and sound are built on the mother board, but are high quality.

You can see the specs here...

http://support.intel.com/design/motherbd/wb/index.htm

I have an all in one DVD/CD r/rw. I don't know the speed but i think was the highest at the time I bought it (about 6 months ago).

I use this system mostly for software development, so I don't mess around with gaming, but I could probably run some pretty intense games on this system without updating the graphics.

Thanks...

bobc
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:00 PM   #13

Thanks everyone for you input.

It's nice to have time to post here, and I plan to make more time to post some pics once the colors of spring start comming.

bobc
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:18 PM   #14

reading the specs on that mother board you have the capabilities of disabling the onboard video and adding one of the new pci express video cards which is suppose to be the new changing of the guard in the relm of pc gaming..and add on video
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:41 PM   #15

Just got a new computer recently, as well as doing a large overhaul of various old ones...

AMD 64-bit 3400+ (it runs so cool, I can't get it above 80F under full load, it is great)
2GB RAM dual channel (sadly the core in the CPU can't handle the 2GB ram at full speed, so I haven't decided what to do yet..)
Nvidia 6600 256MB video card

It wasn't quite as fast as I could have hoped, but it is still very fast, and I got it for so cheap from newegg.com

I love building computers

Anyway, have fun with your computer
blinblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:00 PM   #16

jazzmaster221 wrote:
Quote:
reading the specs on that mother board you have the capabilities of disabling the onboard video and adding one of the new pci express video cards which is suppose to be the new changing of the guard in the relm of pc gaming..and add on video
I'm pretty sure the on board video is pci express. And I can dedicate up to 256 meg of ram for the video.

For what I do, I probably won't even need that much video, but yes... I could put a pci express card in and dissable the on board if needed.

bobc
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:33 PM   #17

your right bob that card is an onboard card that supports pci express ...but it does not support hardware transform and lighting..but it's still a good motherboard ..as a fact it is one of the best onboard videoo cards out ..if your not a hardnose gamer ..it's a great board for you
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:17 AM   #18

Used to build my own systems, still have 2 or 3 of them running in the home network. Bet I had one of the first LianLi cases in southern calif, along with the wrapped ribbon cables.

But after working on and repairing the 60 on my work network, now I just make the phone call and say "hey Dell, it's me again..."
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:12 PM   #19

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
Used to build my own systems, still have 2 or 3 of them running in the home network. Bet I had one of the first LianLi cases in southern calif, along with the wrapped ribbon cables.

But after working on and repairing the 60 on my work network, now I just make the phone call and say "hey Dell, it's me again..."
IT-Ops I presume. Don't blame you there. That would be like working at home.

I am in IT-Dev, so building my own systems is still fun. Plus it's a relaxing change of paste from programming all day at work.

I do love programming though. It was an intense hobbie for several years until I decided to go to school and do something with it.

I have been doing it professionaly for about 4 years and have more than doubled my salary.

bobc
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:54 PM   #20

I'm going to contribute too!!!

JessAlba452 is offline   Reply With Quote