Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 30, 2005, 6:48 AM   #11

No John, I don't - mainly since I don't own one yet.As most of my photos are taken outside during daylight hours it hasn't been a necessity quite yet. I have not used the onboard flash for any macro shots either. On the purchase list after the 6t! :|
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 7:43 AM   #12

Hi,

I also am dreaming about nikon 6t, and probably I will try to get it soon, but one thing is bothering me. Which adapter tube I should order. I have read that Pemaraal PD62 (or what was the number) is the best, but the pemaraal.com doesn't ship to Latvia. So is there other places where to order it or is there any other adapter tubes which would fit for nikon 6t? And maybee there is some trustable e-shop where I could buy all the stuff, because I also want to save on shipping costs.
Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:12 AM   #13

You can get the pemeraal adapter (62mm) at photosolve.com.

The nikon 6t would be the one to get for this size.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:33 AM   #14

JohnReid wrote:
Quote:
Before I order something, can you guys tell me what you think of this setup(for the FZ20)
John - Your list looks very good. As others have indicated, the dcr250 is a VERY powerful (and excellent) macro lens; 8 diopter. Bugeyedigital also has the raynox dcr150 which, at +4 diotper, is comparable in power to the nikon 6t and 4t (+3 diopter). I think you might find the dcr150 to be more useful. You can always crop some to boost the magnification and retain the bettter depth of field.

- Fred

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:42 AM   #15

Thanks for the advice Fred, I think the macro lense you recommended will be more useful to me - TreeMonkey mentioned the one I was interested in is very difficult to use "in the field". Thanks again
JohnReid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 8:52 AM   #16

Quote:
I also am dreaming about nikon 6t, and probably I will try to get it soon, but one thing is bothering me. Which adapter tube I should order. I have read that Pemaraal PD62 (or what was the number) is the best, but the pemaraal.com doesn't ship to Latvia.
If you check the reply from John Reid with his list of goodies, then do an Ebay search for "bagadonuts101" you'll probably find he has all this stuff except the 6T (if you get the Raynox RT5264P adapter then the 4T would be better.)

I can recommend him as a supplier -- knows his stuff and doesn't hang about plus (don't say I told you...) if you ask him nicely he might even get the 4T in for you and ship it with other gear.

Here in Australia, I can get items in from him faster (and cheaper (DCR6600 Pro $AU158 including shipping from him, local quote $AU312 PLUS shipping plus "waiting for stock")) than ordering from local suppliers (my attempt to get Raynox items here was a story in itself -- which I might detail one day when I calm down a bit.)

Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:53 AM   #17

check out my thread on the butterfly museum... I made an adapter for minolta lenses.. you can also try them by mounting backwards... but that doesn't get very good results in my opinion... the lense can even get closer if you cut on it also, these are my grandpa's old lenses from when he was in Germany, so I wasn't allowed any cutting...

links

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

I'll post my website also as soon as I get it online again... server is down.

In my opinion this is the cheapest most expandable way to go... and you can get the lesnse used at garage sales
TopSpin80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:16 PM   #18

Hi,

Thanks vIZnquest and Idle for reply and useful information. And if you say that nikon 4t can be stacked via Raynox RT5264P, than it probably would work better for me. As far I know the 4t and 6t are the same except the thread size. Am I right?
So I could order nikon 4t (and maybee 3t if it is the same as 5t), and maybee external flash (probably sunpak 4.., I'll decide the number later :-) ) from b&h photo. But the Raynox adapter and Raynox dcr1540 telephoto lens from Bugeyedigital.com. I believe it would be nice setup for my camera. Now I have only to save up money for all this stuff :lol:

Cheers!

Edit: Ok, B&H doesn't seem to have any sunpak flashes that can be used with FZ20, so flash question is still open for me :roll:
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote