Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:16 AM   #1

I received my new FZ5 today and the battery is still charging! So no pics yet. I hope I can zip outside for a few moments to do some test shots before it gets dark here...It will be ready at around 5pm...but a dark and gloomy day here in London.
To be honest I am shocked at the size of it! It is incredibly tiny!!! I have used FZ20 from a friend once and it is a solid size camera...did not expect FZ5 to be quite this small. But very handy for moving around with though I suspect.
The manual is in japanese so have downloaded pdf file from the net to try and get to grips with it. Glad to note this eBay buy from Hong Kong is the real deal...made in Japan and not some other Asian country as sometimes can be the case?
Luckily the lense is still quite large to stop fingers making it in to photos!!!!
:O
Will post some pics when I get some worth sending...
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 10:19 AM   #2

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
Luckily the lense is still quite large to stop fingers making it in to photos!!!!
Congratualtions! Keep the adapter and a 55mm uv filter on at all times to protect the lens and extension assembly. Looking forward to some samples.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:15 AM   #3

The FZ5 looks to be even a little smaller than my FZ1. And I thought the FZ1 was small.

Jussiuk, please post more details when you get the chance.

Thanks,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:02 PM   #4

Just took my first pics...point and shoot..just to see hwo it works out.
It is very light and thus felt quite weird in hand as I am used to a heavy camera (Olympus Zoom)...but it is very easy to use. The viewfinder is crystal clear and crisp. The lcd screen small like in my old Olympus..expected slightly larger in such a new model.
But I think I will like it once I get used to different way of shooting...more gently with the finger!
For first photos see separate entry.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 12:03 PM   #5

Thanks for the advise on uv filter...will look for one when I get to Japan on holiday soon...might find cheaper ones there!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 1:21 PM   #6

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the advise on uv filter...will look for one when I get to Japan on holiday soon...might find cheaper ones there!
Hope that's not too long away - UV's are cheap enough vs the cost of your new cam.

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote