Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2005, 2:45 PM   #11

here the second one
Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:14 PM   #12

How about popin gover to Soho Sq and trying the camera out there, esp if the sun breaks out it'll be a good place to test the cam or even the British Musuem, so you can test how it handles in low light.

Cheers

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 3:26 PM   #13

great idea thanks! I have a bad record at the British Museum (takes me three minutes only to walk there)...the lights are really difficult there..a disaster with my old olympus Z. Hope this one fares better. Of course the centre court is brightly lit so guaranteed crisp and clear pics. But not much there except the fantastic dome.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will go next week definately when more free time. Unlike some museums they also let you do your thing freely :-)
I am just a beginner with all this so appreciate all the help from the "masters" here!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:27 PM   #14

Have you tried taking other action shots, such as a sporting event? In terms of size and weight, how does it compare to the FZ3 and/or other ultra zoom cameras that you have owned?

This camera sounds like a real winner.
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 5:53 PM   #15

I have not taken any action shots so far as I only got the camera this afternoon!
I have not used FZ3 so can't help you there...but have briefly tried out FZ20 and this feels incredibly light in comparison.
Almost have to learn a new way of shooting as it is so light it moves really easily.
The size was a huge surprise! It really is minuscule.
I feel very happy with it though and I think after using it for a while it will produce some nice shots.
I got this for holiday snaps really and will post the best ones when I get back. I have high hopes
Because it is small and still has this amazing zoom and 5mp I think it will be a great success if only Panasonic does something to publicise it. I find it odd how little they advertise and how few shops (in London) actually stock Panasonic FZ cameras! It feels like being a part of some small cult!!!:G
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:00 PM   #16

Thanks for the feedback. Well, this camera won't be available in the U.S. for another week or two. I can't wait to test it out!
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote