Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:19 PM   #11

This is the website that compares virtually all the telezoom lenses.

The Raynox 2020 Pro has shown not to be as sharp as the Oly's, especially the 14b.

Check out the comparison shots from this Japanese website.

http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I am still waiting for good weather here in the midwest. I went with purchasing the Raynox 1540 pro due to having sharp center focus. The edges get a bit blurred but I bought the teleconverter (telezoom) with cropping in mind so I can get the best part of the shot.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"bmullen displayed some exceptional shooting with the raynox 1540. He had other posts prior to this one that convinced me to go the the 1540 pro. Keep in mind Raynox makes an 1850 pro but is for only cameras and digital camcorders that have 6x or less optical zoom.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11

Happy Shooting
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:50 AM   #12
VP

Ahhh, I knew this would happen. Have been reading different postsabout teleconvertors and filters,MM, and this brand vs. the other.

If I have this figured right, I can get the Raynox Rt5264 lens adapter with 52 mm

front threads that will accept a Hoya Pro1 52mmUV/haze filter andRaynox DCR1540 Pro Teleconvetor lens.

I want to get the Adorama lens hood which has 72mm mounting threads. The specs at bugeyedigitalsay the front threads on the Raynox DCR1540 are 67mm.

So if all this is as I think I understand it, all I would need is a step up ring of 67-72mm to attatch the lens hood to the teleconvertor?? :?

VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 10:08 AM   #13

VP wrote:
Quote:
Ahhh, I knew this would happen. Have been reading different postsabout teleconvertors and filters,MM, and this brand vs. the other.

If I have this figured right, I can get the Raynox Rt5264 lens adapter with 52 mm

front threads that will accept a Hoya Pro1 52mmUV/haze filter andRaynox DCR1540 Pro Teleconvetor lens.

I want to get the Adorama lens hood which has 72mm mounting threads. The specs at bugeyedigitalsay the front threads on the Raynox DCR1540 are 67mm.

So if all this is as I think I understand it, all I would need is a step up ring of 67-72mm to attatch the lens hood to the teleconvertor?? :?

Yes. If that is what you want.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 12:09 PM   #14

If price is not a problem, go with the Panasonic. You will not be sorry.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote