Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2005, 6:53 PM   #1

Looking to buy a tele converter for my new FZ20 but dont know which one I should get.

Nikon TCON 14B or Nikon 17 or another model ??

Thanks for your comments

Guy

http://www.acatron.net
coutancineau is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:00 PM   #2

coutancineau wrote:
Quote:
It's the Olympus tcon14b and it is the better quality converter at twice the price and twice the weight and somewhat less the power of the oly tcon17 (1.45x vs 1.7x). They both work great with the fz series cameras. People are getting good shots with the Raynox dcr1540 (1.54x). Something to consider is the rear thread diameter since that may indicate what adapter you will need. The 14b is 62mm, tcon17is 55mm, and the 1540 is 52mm.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 7:06 PM   #3

coutancineau wrote:
Quote:
Looking to buy a tele converter for my new FZ20 but dont know which one I should get.

Tcon14B best quality. Tcon17 best power with least image loss.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 9:08 PM   #4

Thanks for the comments.

Guess I will get a 17 to catch birds in my next birdwartch season.

Guy:-)
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:17 PM   #5

Check out thisthread with the raynox adapter + 1540 pro teleconverter .. I was sold on it before seeing these pictures.. these shots are extremely good..

bmullen is the shooter and he has shown some skill behind the camera in capturing those shots..

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=11
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2005, 11:36 PM   #6

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
Check out this thread with the raynox adapter + 1540 pro teleconverter .. I was sold on it before seeing these pictures.. these shots are extremely good..

bmullen is the shooter and he has shown some skill behind the camera in capturing those shots..

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...22&forum_id=11
Yeah. I've been watching and waiting on e-bay to get the 14B at a 'my' price, but after seeing his work, I'm really tempted to go for the 1540. The drive to get those great shots is strong isn't it?! Only thing is, I do have the Phayee already. Going from the 62mm thread to 52 not good ?? Also, I tend to think his success is HIS success (skill) which I doubt I could duplicate, least not right now.

I think my cousin had it right when he said "Life is really about finding something to be really enthusiastic about."

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 1:38 AM   #7

Well you won't be disappointed with the 14b. Have fun when you get it. The enthusiasm is high I will agree it is what life should be about. I have been a passionate select levelsoccer coach for 24 years and then decided to hang it up. I found this and wished sometimes I had discoveredit when I was coaching but then I don't think I would have done as well as I had as a coach if I did.

I may go back to coaching on a more limited basis since I have really missed it but photography has been taking up quite a bit of my time and I simply just enjoy the heck out of it.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 12:22 PM   #8

FZ 20 + TCON 17.

IHOPE THIS SHOT CAN HELP YOU..
Attached Images

trus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2005, 5:15 PM   #9

Trus... Is he laughing at you ?

More seriously, this is a great image. Thanks

My choice willbea Tcon 17.

Thanks everyone for your time and comments... and pics

Guy

www.acatron.net
Old Mar 30, 2005, 9:03 PM   #10

Thanks for this discussion. A teleconverter is the one of the last two items left in my list of accessories for my FZ20. (The other one is a stand to take macro shots with my Raynox DCR-250. It is useless without it because you can only focus at one exact distance.) I was looking at the Raynox DCR-2020PRO 2.2X converter. How does it compare to the two Olympus models discussed? And what are the prices on them?
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote