Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 31, 2005, 7:49 PM   #1

I hope this isnt considered double posting as I have tried in the add-on lens forum and received some feedback which I have tried but it did not work. I feel that I am one adjustment away from acheiving good focus but cannot figure what it is. My equipment is the FZ-20 and I am trying to use the Cannon 2.4 teleconverter from my old A-60. I have the 2.4 mounted on my Permmeral 55mm adapter and at 12X zoom have very little vignetting. My problem is that I cannot get a good focus. I would guess it to be about 80 percent in focus. Sometimes when it is searching it will briefly focus but then loose it and not return.I have tried mode 1-2 and off with the IS. Tried all modes A S P macro landscape all at 12X and the results vary little. I know that I cannot acheive focus in less than 20 something feet. Through my blurry pic I can see that the magnification is there but so is the blur. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated and tried out.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2005, 8:33 PM   #2

My guess (and it's just a guess...) is that the focus point for the add-on lens is wrong for the FZ20 -- when the Leica lens is in focus the Canon one isn't and vice versa.

To prove the point, try manual focus -- if you can't get that to work, try adjusting the distance between the two lens (if you can figure a way to do it.)

If it still won't focus, then I'd think you're out of luck -- your Canon add-on lens isn't just a plain magnifier, but designed to suit a specific prime lens, and to act as a part of that lens.

I assume you've also tried the 'conversion' setting on the FZ?

Note: If you experts out there think this is all B/S, then it probably is -- I talk a lot of it... :P
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2005, 11:13 PM   #3

I think all the conversion settings do is limit the zoom.. At 1x - 3x for wide angle and 6x-12x for telephoto..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:08 AM   #4

Idle Thanks for your reply. I beleive you are correct when you say this lens is probably dedicated to a particular camera and rather to try and modify it would be not worth it compaired to purchasing a proper lens.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:34 AM   #5

I would try diferent F stops and try moving it further from the camera or hold it by hand and see if you can get it closer.

Also if you are using a filter try it without.

You can get the lens further away just by unscrewing the adaptera few theads ..a couple mm has been reported to help.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote