Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 1, 2005, 2:13 AM   #1

Here's some shot from my FZ20. All comments are welcomed!

cheewooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:27 AM   #2

Original pics Cheewooi

yet I 'd liked to see some pics of the race...
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 7:47 AM   #3

Is that a D70 with an SB300 that guy is holding? If so, sweet! At least, that is what I'm going for when I finally move to DSLR.

I agree withNarmer, I'd love to see some of your race shots taken with the FZ-20.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:14 PM   #4

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Original pics Cheewooi

yet I 'd liked to see some pics of the race...
Ok by request..
Quote:
Is that a D70 with an SB300 that guy is holding? If so, sweet! At least, that is what I'm going for when I finally move to DSLR.

I agree with Narmer, I'd love to see some of your race shots taken with the FZ-20.
The person is using D100....flash I not sure.

Here's some of my MALAYSIAN RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP 2005 Round 1 - PUTRAJAYA..all taken with FZ20, no post processing!just resized!

Old Apr 1, 2005, 1:16 PM   #5

Another few of them.. feel free to comment!

Rally is dangerous! Never try any stunt on the road!
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:36 PM   #6

love the rally shots! when i first started in photography back in the 80's, i used to go with a friend of mine every year to photograph the SCCA Pro Rally races here in Washington State. watching maniacs go sideways at 80 mph (125kph) on a gravel road was always exciting, and made for some great pictures!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2005, 8:45 PM   #7

These are great shots. Colors and clarity are great.
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 1:42 AM   #8

Thanks for the comment...There is a few things I worried about when takin those shot, the worst thing to comes is the car losing control and hit you..another thing to worried is the dust that will goes into your lens unit and cause your camera to malfunction. When taking those shot, I use to original lens adapter, lens hood and HOYA Coated Filter to protect the lens. The weather was hot there and the hot sun is burning my skin..:-)
Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:18 AM   #9

Thank you for posting these ACTION shots too, Cheewooi.

Nice idea to protect the cam as you did. Maybe the FZ adapter is someway too long and it could occasionally produce reflections but better like this than having to clear the original lens of FZ20.

Those shotes are pure action, the colors are great and there is no criticism I can do, apart from that I'd tried a slow shutter speed panning and that capturing the moment in which the yellow car splashed in the water -eventually with a burst mode sequence- would have made this rally photo session an unrepeatable one.

Great shots anyway.

Now I have to go to take a shower, for I can feel the sun, the sweat and the dust on my skin too. :-)
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2005, 11:03 AM   #10

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Thank you for posting these ACTION shots too, Cheewooi.

Nice idea to protect the cam as you did. Maybe the FZ adapter is someway too long and it could occasionally produce reflections but better like this than having to clear the original lens of FZ20.
Thanks for the comment! I just got my Phayee Adapter, plan to get a 62mm HOYA Super HMC UV Filter and a 62mm HOYA CPL Filter. I also have a hand blower with me.in case if the dust stick on the focusing ring there can clear it off immediately. Stil considering getting a lenspen but don't know whether have good compared to hand blower.

The continous AF of FZ20 is good but sometimes when I zoomed out, it slows down the focusing speed and thus take some time to focus. I tried to prefocus on the car where I expect to take the shot but can't get any good shot..

Regarding the panning, I still need to practice more. After I mount phayee lens adapter on my FZ20, feel that the camera is more heavier and more steady to hold on! Otherwise it's like weightless to me! I still wondering if I use monopod when doing panning will do any good.:lol: