Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:35 AM   #11

I ordered my LZ2 from onecall.com as well; I have used them for several years. Got the free shipping as well. I ordered the camera on Tuesday night, expected it Friday, it arrived on Thursday. Awesome service from Onecall and FedEx.
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 12:10 PM   #12

Actually, I called Panasonic last week. The SILVER ones are backordered until May. The black ones are available now. They also said that some stores may have both available but through Panasonic, the silver ones are backordered.
mgrogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:28 PM   #13

Quote:
do they make an eyecup to fti the FZ'z?
There are some Nikon eye cups that evidently fit perfectly – start a thread on the Panasonic forum if you are interested.

I had a leftover from an order from Orion Telescopes. It took some modification to fit on the FZ. It works fine, but I would recommend going with one that fits without having to modify it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 8:07 PM   #14

You need an eye cup for the Canon AE-1. It fits perfectly. You can get one at a local camera store for about $5. You can't get them at the major chains

Keep us posted

LarryB
Larry Bradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:05 PM   #15

I want a blue one. I like blue.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:49 PM   #16

4runner,

I'd be happy to refer you to them, but first I must ask, is their return policy great? I ask because on pricegrabber.com, some customers have complained that this company only accepts defect merchandise and thus whatever problem might have arised, the customer should deal directly with the manufacturer. Another concern is the hefty 15% restocking charge if you need to return a merchandise back.

On the positive side, the free FedEX shipping sounds like a great deal. Plus, it would mean no tax for me since I reside in CA.
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:44 PM   #17

You may want to contact them for the specifics. Calling them is no big deal, I have always had very courteous help. One of my purchases (DVD/VCR combo), was an item that the didn't have available, so they offered me the next model up. They also called me on friday when the FZ5 came into their stock, and to let me know that it was shipping that day. They are actually a company that has been around for many years prior to starting online retail. They are located in Spokane WA, I believe.

Like I said though, just give them a call and see what they will do for you. You can send me an Email through my profile if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Mark
4runnergusto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:37 AM   #18

It seems to me that Pannasonic operate different policies in different countries. In UK they do not offer FZ20 in silver at all. The only way to get it in silver is to order via Pixmania who are a french company.
I was going to get the FZ20 but after seeing someone with the silver one I liked the look more than the black one and e-mailed Panasonic to ask why silver is not available in UK and they just replied the decision was based on their surveys...
They added that FZ5 will be available in both silver and black in UK.
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 2:29 PM   #19

4runner,

Okay, sounds good. If I decide to buy it from them, possibly later tonight and/or later in the week, I will shoot you an email.

mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote