Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:26 PM   #1

Just a shot that i used some edits from picasa 2 on. This free software from google is truly worth getting, regardless of your skill level. Its free after all

seth
Attached Images

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:34 PM   #2

Nice shot ......... soft focus too
Picasa2 is great.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:37 PM   #3

I agree, like the picture and the software. Particularly for the album function.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:55 PM   #4

ihave Picasa 2 as well, and find it useful for some things. the soft-focus function is nice, as is the graduated tint in some cases, and the "straighten" feature is very useful if the horizon of your seascape is just a tad off, or that skyscraper tilts just a smidgen to one side. andit offers more tint and color temperature adjustmentsthan most other free programs.all in all, Picasa is well worth having.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:20 AM   #5

I have to break ranks with everyone here and state that I don't care for the center focus effect of your otherwise very fine photo.. It's a matter of taste I'm sure as I don't like it with any of my photos either.. I find Picasa most useful as an organizer and a quick tool for removing red-eye.. For a freebie, it's a fantastic program..

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:35 AM   #6

Dissent is good Jeff. If we all liked the same stuff, everything would be so boring. We would all be good at everything...lol. I am new to photo edits, I would rather just take a good shot than take a mediocre one and try to fix it up. Actually its not a matter of choice...lol...more like i haven't yet figured out much by way of photo editiing software.

My basic edits are the quick ones...straighten, noise related, etc. The reason i like picasa 2 is for one its the best things to catalog and view your photos. I likes its timeline view. But also most of its edits are a button click, which is a god send for a person like me...hehe.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:53 AM   #7

You can do a lot of neat stuff with picasa.. It Is great for quickie fixes of color balance, resizing and things of that nature.. As you get more into editing and find yourself wandering into the photoshop or paint shop pro realms it'll become a second hobby.. If you want to play with something that is almost as powerful, try this one..

http://www.gimp.org/

This one also has a lot to offer, both are free..

http://www.irfanview.com/

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote