Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:36 PM   #11

Hi; Thanks for your words...
I'll try and give the info on future posts. Most were taken on P setting...I left it to the camera to do its work and I have no manual to carry around with me yet (mine is in Japanese) and just read it in English on my 'puter.

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:45 PM   #12

Juss - you've got some really nice shots there, great detail- looks like the FZ5 is a keeper. 7, 8 17 are my fave's.

IMO - I had a peek through these in the original posts, and then again on your gallery. Nooner offered a good suggestion - it's way easier to view this many in the gallery.

As for the food, could be worse - like kebabs! :blah:
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:05 PM   #13

I was just making a suggestion as dailup users have harder time seeing them. I don't know what's wrong with that. Sorry fmoore!!
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:55 PM   #14

My bad, noons. Wasn't aware of parts 1, 2, 3, 4 and assumed he had no other way of posting. I've lost all sympathy for dial-up users, however. If you aint up to speed, you aint up to speed.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 6:58 PM   #15

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:46 PM   #16

well...I did feel it was a particularly rude way to point out I had posted too many pics. For someone new to all this it is not welcoming at all.
This place is a bit like a club which has been together for some years and it seems to me it is not welcoming imho to those who know less about this.
Thank you Fred for encouragement and especially Suzy for your encouraging comment and also thanks for your fantastic photos which are a learning curve for me...
I think I will look for a forum where someone like me can post without feeling stupid......I posted too many pics just because I am excited about my new camera and no-one else seems to be posting pics from FZ5!
I was really looking for advise how to become a better photographer.

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:51 PM   #17

Please forgive our clique ridden uncouthness, juss.You've taken some decent shots and they've been appreciated. Stick around, it'll thicken your skin.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 9:31 PM   #18

Jussiuk,

Have you had a chance to view the image at its full size on your pc monitor? If you did, how is the overall JPEG compression level would you say? Didn't you say that there was some evidence of chromatic abberation or is thispretty minimal? (megapixels.netstates it'snothing to be concerned about). Anyhow, the sample pics you've been posting on this site have been very good; I'm quite pleased with the results. The colors and sharpness of the pics look right.

I'm most likely going to purchase one from a company called onecall.com (referral given by 4runner) tomorrow morning. This camera really sounds like a top-notch camera.

btw, I'm a beginner too so don't feel bad. I hope to soon post some pictures and would appreciate it a lot if the advanced users can give me some feedbacks and advices.
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:10 PM   #19

I downloaded a FZ5 manual from their website. I can make it available to you if you need it.

xjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:03 PM   #20

Chill out, don't let these folks get to you. You did nothing wrong. Take a look at the post labeled four eyes. A long time member posted four pics, just like you.
torgrot is offline   Reply With Quote