Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:01 AM   #1

Hi all,

I spent the weekend in Galveston, TX for the the Galveston Feather Fest 2005. Went on a few birding tours. Of course, if one goes to Galveston, they need to visit the Moody Garden pyramids. The rain forest pyramid is my favorite.

On Friday, I took a nature photography class and field trip as part of the Feather Fest. So, on Saturday at Moody Gardens, I tried some of the techniques. I've been hesitant in using the flash on the FZ20 preferring the "natural" look. The instructor said to *use* it! Fill flash can be a great help in photos. Below are two photos of a cockatoo. The first is no flash. The second is about 15 photos later when I felt I got it just right.

I went in the evening for the first time and the macaws were *really* actifve. Again, I used what I felt was the proper amount of fill flash. It sure is nice that the FZ20s have the flash power adustment. Enjoy the rest of the photos!

Still more to come!
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:52 AM   #2

I like the 2nd pic with the flash. What flash power setting did you use? I always tend to ignore the flash too, but will try it in the future.
r0nn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:07 AM   #3

r0nn13, hmm, the extif doesn't show the flash setting. I think it was -1. I was surprised by the usefullness of hte flash if manually set.

Thanks,
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote