Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 6, 2005, 12:49 PM   #11

Amoroquai keep us posted if you decide to make them for resale. Seems like if you get it into an assembly line production you can produce these at a good cost and still make enough money to experiment and buy more camera goodies for yourself.

Personally I would want one if you can get the door to close as it normally would.

How is the battery life now compared to the original battery? And one more? What eye cup are you using there? Thanks for sharing your good work. Bob
rob spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:57 PM   #12

rob spencer wrote:
Quote:
Amoroquai keep us posted if you decide to make them for resale. Seems like if you get it into an assembly line production you can produce these at a good cost and still make enough money to experiment and buy more camera goodies for yourself.

Personally I would want one if you can get the door to close as it normally would.

How is the battery life now compared to the original battery? And one more? What eye cup are you using there? Thanks for sharing your good work. Bob
That's a Canon AE1 eyecup , got it on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7505492730
really helpful and a bargain for it's price...
I could improvise something to avoid working the camera through it's ac port but it's original battery compartment . but that would be too much work and hassle. I'm pretty pleased with the way it is right now whereall oyu have to do to take it off the camera is just unplug it from the ac port and unscrew it off of the camera ,though I just keep it on at all times...
as for the DPS-9000 it's a pretty impressive battery pack
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ACCS...00/DPS9000.HTM
lasts me for hundreds of pictures (with full preview and flash on) in between charges.
I'm not intereted in making a profit off of these modifications nor have the time to produce them , I'd be gladly willing to help with help and advice if you wanna costum make one yourself.
The Battery grip is the Canon BP-200 , battery grips are usually very expensive ,this model is cheap because it's for the old Canon Rebel 2000 35 mm camera, a cheap one for the digital rebel would cost twice as much if not more...
http://search.ebay.com/canon-bp-200_...Q2d200QQsojsZ1
I got mine on ebay for $20, it can be had at BH photo for $30.

cheers,

Amir
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 2:16 PM   #13

Jack AKA Robobear(on Ebay) makes great aluminium adapter plates for the FZ20 , and sells them for cheap on Ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrobobear

Getting his plate is what made me want to experiment with those myself.
it works great with DPS-9000 and hand strap adapter.
a really great seller, highly recommended!

Amir
Old Apr 7, 2005, 3:19 PM   #14

Thanks Amar. I have a home made grip extension on mine now. I like the added dimension and weight but lacks the finished look that you have acheived and lacks the battery power that I need. I will look into the ebay availability and try to make one myself. Thaks again. Bob
rob spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 1:36 AM   #15

That is so cool, Amiroquai! I want one for my camera, it looks ultra cool, and anything to help my tiny hands stabilize. You guys are the coolest in this forum, keep up the good work, and maybe you should watch Alias to get more kewl ideas on the gadgets! (sorry, big Alias fan here!)
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2005, 9:40 AM   #16

man thats amazing.Im used to moding computers.I purchased my 1st

digital camera the new pana 20 and very pleased with it .I know absolutely nothing about the mechanics of photography but this camera takes great pictures .

" I know quality when i see it though " this is a very good camera for me anyway.

Plus i can mod it to :G
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 11:58 AM   #17

Amiroquai - What batteries was the Canon BP200 designed for? It looks from the photos as tho you gutted a DPS900 pack and fitted them into the 200 - right?

Tom
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:36 PM   #18

tswill2 wrote:
Quote:
Amiroquai - What batteries was the Canon BP200 designed for? It looks from the photos as tho you gutted a DPS900 pack and fitted them into the 200 - right?

Tom
4 standard AA's
"Gutted" is such a harsh word... :shock:all I did was unscrewed a couple of screws and took it out of it's plastic shell to put it in it's new plastic home
Old Apr 11, 2005, 1:14 PM   #19

It's a shame that it takes only 4 AAs - I would like to run my FZ on NiMh AAs, and I doubt if it would operate on only 4. 5 would be more like it. I do have a 6.5V Olympus AC adapter that runs it, just don't know what the lower limit is and don't have a good variable voltage supply to test it with. (Hint)

Tom :|
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 10:18 PM   #20

Amiroqui,

That is absolutely fantastic. Do you know what the rubber plate was originally for or from?

Owen
owenflynn.com is offline   Reply With Quote