Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:26 PM   #31

Very interesting.

I have to give you created on being very creative!
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:30 PM   #32

great setup! am just curious about the eye cup. it seems difficult to find these babies. are there any others compatible with the fz20 evf? thanks!
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:50 PM   #33

junji98 wrote:
Quote:
great setup! am just curious about the eye cup. it seems difficult to find these babies. are there any others compatible with the fz20 evf? thanks!
That's a Canon eyecup and can be had for relatively cheap at Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7510000228
I don't know of any others that fit the FZ20's EVF
The Canon is good enough for me.
Amir
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:54 PM   #34

Amori suppose you had used the 4-AA batteries (instead of the DPS 9000)as Canon has done what difference would that have made in the conversion process? Probably simplify it?I would like to do the same for my FZ20 and already have the rechargable AA battery pack. I think the adapter and rubber are doable but I am worried about the wiring as that is not a strong area for me. Thanks. Bob
bob ingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 7:13 PM   #35

bob ingman wrote:
Quote:
Amori suppose you had used the 4-AA batteries (instead of the DPS 9000) as Canon has done what difference would that have made in the conversion process? Probably simplify it? I would like to do the same for my FZ20 and already have the rechargable AA battery pack. I think the adapter and rubber are doable but I am worried about the wiring as that is not a strong area for me. Thanks. Bob
Not enough voltage on those I'm afraid bob
a single regular AA is 1.5V (rechargeable ones are even lower) times 4 (battery grip capacity) equals 6V which isnt enough to get the FZ20 working. the DPS gives you around 7.2V which is just enough for the Pana to work.
*of course a voltage too high would fry the camera (higher than 8.1V if I'm not mistaken).
I would have gladly used rechargeable AA's with this, if I could...

Amir
Amiroquai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 11:16 PM   #36

Amiroquai,

I have converted a BP-200 to fit my Fluzy, it is fantastic. I used closed cell PVCNitrile foam to make the addapter plate, its easy to cut, sand, and modify to suit. Available from the local rubber and foam shop. I'm trying to find a DPS battery pack down here in Bells Beach. Can you give any more details on the voltage & modifications to the battery pack?The shutter button on the BP-200 "feels" like a two position switch, but it only has electrical contacts on the second click! I have had our electrical experts confirm this at work. Have you devised a way to conent the BP-200's vertical shutter to the Fluzy? Have a look at www.spanburg.com/The Remote/ it shows photos of the Panasonic remote release pulled-apart. It is a two stage switch, focus and shoot. Have you worked out the 4 pin plug in the side of the Fluzy for the remote? I'm trying to find a suitable two stage switch for the BP-200 to wire-up to to the side of the Fluzy. Once again thanks for sharing your fantastic ideas.

Regards,

Bells
Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 1:06 AM   #37

Bells can you post a photo and keep us updated as you go? A lot of us would still be interested in this conversion. Thanks. Bob
bob ingman is offline   Reply With Quote