Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:20 PM   #1

I also went to the park today to try and get some shots.
After this first attempt at birds etc I have to say I really admire those here who get thos wonderful pictures of animals in total focus! The buggers are moving constantly!!!
I found the birds in water almost impossible as just when you set up the shot they have vanished...some kept dissappearing under water just when I pressed the shutter

You can view them all here:
http://jussi.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...-St-James-Park
Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 5, 2005, 5:11 PM   #2

Judging from the galleries you posted todayI'd say you did extremely well and are getting along like old friendswith that FZ5! Nice, sharp photos, including the close ups. You have a good eye for composition as well. Plus, the squirrels like you - I've never gotten that close - maybe ours are just paranoid round here :blah:.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:01 PM   #3

Good to see you posting....and linking to your gallery, Its a
nice way to do it... (some here are still on dialup)
Post more...

btw there is nothing wrong with P mode for average situations.

I like to use Aperture mode I will choose the sweet lens spot
i.e. ~f4 if pushed for light I will go to f2.8 depends on situation and prevailing light.

Aperture priority tends to make more sense once you understand various factors ie available light ... with shutter priority you can set to an optimistic setting that the camera cannot cope with i.e. does not have a wide enough aperture so will just beep at you.

With plenty of light shutter priority makes sense set it fast to capture and freeze action.

Even so aperture priority can still work in strong light situations its more how you wan't to work.

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 7:42 PM   #4

Looks like you're having a lot of fun
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:15 PM   #5

Nice shots! Totally impressed. I can't wait to test out my new FZ5 camera when I receive it this Friday. Just curious, what mode did you use for most of your shots? What about the IS, mode 1 or 2? Have you had a chance to take some night shots and if so, did they come out to your liking?
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:22 PM   #6

I was there several years ago in the spring. The thing I always remember is the flowers. You have done an excellent job capturing that. I especially like st-james park 5

Thank you.
torgrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:13 PM   #7

I haven't had a chance to go out for night time shots yet.
Around where I live is not the safest place to walk around with a camera at night as the streets are full of junkies etc.
I really want to go and do some night stuff of Canary Wharf as it looks amazing at night but simply can not get the time to go right now...
I planning to go and try some night time panoramas etc from the top of Tokyo's new Mori buildings in Roppongi area when I go to Japan next week for a two week break!Tokyo is fantastic at night with all the lights etc.
See: http://www.tokyocityview.com/en/index.html

BTW if you are into some weird night shots check out this Japanese guy's web blog. On the whole his blog is very funny...he is kinda grazy I think! Very entertaining...not a great photographer but his pictures always tell a story which interests me..plus his use of English is hilarious!
http://masamania.com/archives/2004/1...interchan.html

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2005, 8:34 PM   #8

Very nice shots. It looks to me that Panasonic may have gotten a handle on the fringing that afflicted earlier models.
Ramblin_mo is offline   Reply With Quote