Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:40 AM   #1

Panasonic is a highly reputable company that makes great eletronic devices; their digital cameras are considered one of the best out there, I guess. If you ask me, after reading numerous reviews of the Panasonic line of cameras, namely the popular DMC series cameras, they are no better than, say Canon cameras. I have yet to find a Panasonic camera which is capable of starting up and ready to shoot in under 3 seconds. Another issue is the often flimsy construction of the DMC cameras (i.e. FZ3-FZ5). If you're going to come out with a new camera, why not fix the most obvious problems such as noise level, zoom lens noise level when you zoom in and zoom out, poor indoor shots, so-so movie mode,and poorlow-light auto focusing? You'd think that in the year 2005, Panasonic would've addressed these simplistic problems by now. An online digital camera review on the DMC-FZ5 had mixed reviews, citing the aforementioned problems. Basically, you want to have the camera turned on and ready to go if you want to capture that 'once in a lifetime' shot because it takes 3.89 sec. to load up.

I don't know, but could it be that some of you guys think Panasonic cameras are like the "Gods of all digital cameras?" I say, open your horizons and take a gander at other digital cameras too because chances are, they are just as good, if not better, than the "Gods of all digital cameras."

Peace.
Elphman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2005, 11:52 AM   #2

Guy's stirring up things. Look at this:arrow:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...263447#p263447

Oh yeah, he ended up with a Kodak:?

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...282214#p282214
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:00 PM   #3

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Guy's stirring up things.
Yep... People like to

on that which they know nothing about.. Want less than 3 second start up time?? Use a Manual Film SLR.. You won't get any faster than that.. I'd wager you still miss the once in a lifetime shot..

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 1:58 PM   #4

Elphman wrote:
Quote:

Peace.
Panasonic is a highly reputable company that makes great eletronic devices; their digital cameras are considered one of the best out there, I guess. If you ask me, after reading numerous reviews of the Panasonic line of cameras, namely the popular DMC series cameras, they are no better than, say Canon cameras. I have yet to find a Panasonic camera which is capable of starting up and ready to shoot in under 3 seconds.:evil:Another issue is the often flimsy construction of the DMC cameras (i.e. FZ3-FZ5). If you're going to come out with a new camera, why not fix the most obvious problems such as noise level, zoom lens noise level when you zoom in and zoom out, poor indoor shots, so-so movie mode,and poorlow-light auto focusing? You'd think that in the year 2005, Panasonic would've addressed these simplistic problems by now:?An online digital camera review on the DMC-FZ5 had mixed reviews, citing the aforementioned problems. Basically, you want to have the camera turned on and ready to go if you want to capture that 'once in a lifetime' shot because it takes 3.89 sec. to load up. :|

I don't know, but could it be that some of you guys think Panasonic cameras are like the "Gods of all digital cameras?" I say, open your horizons and take a gander at other digital cameras too because chances are, they are just as good, if not better, than the "Gods of all digital cameras."

LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 2:43 PM   #5

Looks like there may soon be similar statements about Nikon, Canon etc etc...

jsiladi:
Couldn't have said it better myself..:lol:

You have to go with the camera that has the features you desire most and for me, it was the FZ20. As far as one manufacturer having a better quality product then the other, in this day of mass production assembly lines, sooner or later, you will wind up with a "problem child".

Life goes on...
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 2:47 PM   #6

Troll go away!!
mlhm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:23 PM   #7

Elphman wrote:
Quote:
Panasonic is a highly reputable company that makes great eletronic devices; their digital cameras are considered one of the best out there, I guess. If you ask me, after reading numerous reviews of the Panasonic line of cameras, namely the popular DMC series cameras, they are no better than, say Canon cameras. I have yet to find a Panasonic camera which is capable of starting up and ready to shoot in under 3 seconds. Another issue is the often flimsy construction of the DMC cameras (i.e. FZ3-FZ5). If you're going to come out with a new camera, why not fix the most obvious problems such as noise level, zoom lens noise level when you zoom in and zoom out, poor indoor shots, so-so movie mode,and poorlow-light auto focusing? You'd think that in the year 2005, Panasonic would've addressed these simplistic problems by now. An online digital camera review on the DMC-FZ5 had mixed reviews, citing the aforementioned problems. Basically, you want to have the camera turned on and ready to go if you want to capture that 'once in a lifetime' shot because it takes 3.89 sec. to load up.

Peace.

Not. Taking. Bait. Nope, just not gonna do it.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:09 PM   #8

:lol:

This guy's priceless. "Trolling" is so 90's AOL chatroom.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:24 PM   #9

:arrow:
Attached Images

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2005, 4:43 PM   #10

This is best he/she/it can do? Not gonna bite either! Loser:?
Goofas is offline   Reply With Quote