Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:52 PM   #21

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Hey Boyzo (Mr. John!), always good to hear from you. The CD was a mix of many songs. Off hand, I remember Joshua Kaddison (Beautiful in my Eyes), I'll Be - Edwin McCain, a lot of Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell (you're all I need to get by, If this world were mine, ain't no mountain high enough, etc.). Some new stuff as well. It is a great CD, but a really bad guy. He unfortunately was bi-polar, and I told him either he takes his meds, or it's over. He didn't so...It was over. I really miss him, he was probably "the one". But I couldn't take the insanity. Hell, I live in NYC, there is enough insanity around me! I need to come home to a calm environment.

I bought a dual layered DVD for file storage, but can't get it to work on the dual layered end (I bought the dual layered DVDs which are only made by two companies, as of now). I burned one, and after that when I try to burn a dual layered dvd it tells me that it is the wrong format (I am using Nero, which came bundled with my Sony DVD recorder). So I just back up to regular DVD, I also have a TDK external DVD recorder, which I love. The Sony gives me problems when I try making music CDs as well as DVD -Rom storage. I also got a second hard drive, with 250gigs, so I put all of my pics on that, so I have access, otherwise, with me it's "Out of sight, out of mind". And esp. now, I need to look at all of my pics so that I can create a new portfolio.

And yes, I want to put all of my pics on the web. I am creating (well....I am going to create) a website, and you will be able to go there to see all of my photos (all of my good to great photos). I will definitely post it as soon as I create it! I am home now, in my home office trying to organize everything so that I can scan my old photos and create the website. Thanks so much for asking about my work. All of you guys make me feel so good about my photography! If I ever make it big, I will throw a big bash in the city (NYC) and just invite you guys to celebrate! I can't wait.
Hi Nancy
I have not burnt any Dual Layer DVD's (I have the Pioneer Dual layer DVD burner) there is the -r and +r types (not trying to confuse you) also some media brands work better with certain burners.
NERO is very good btw I use always.eh update it this may help.its up to 6.0 ++
You have ample h/d storage but they can crash so Optical storage is important for for permanancy.
Ye I like some Mowtown music, my GF likes it alot as well as rock from the Woodstock era.

Cheers

John

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:29 PM   #22

Of course I know about + and - Rs. I have the RiData 8x DVD-Rs. They write at 8x, which is cool. Usually the -Rs write slower. My computer tech guy at work tells me he swears by Ridata (ritek.com). I still have some problems copying video with them. The DVD-R @ 2x works the best. The +Rs work great on dvd players that accept them, and they seem to burn the fastest. Aren't HDs rated at about 2 years??? I back everything up on disc, but it is looking like Oscar Madison's room in my office with all of the clutter from discs and photo accessories. I am trying to straighten up, and I am upgrading my computer, so I hope I don't run into any major snags. Take it easy!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:42 PM   #23

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Of course I know about + and - Rs. I have the RiData 8x DVD-Rs. They write at 8x, which is cool. Usually the -Rs write slower. My computer tech guy at work tells me he swears by Ridata (ritek.com). I still have some problems copying video with them. The DVD-R @ 2x works the best. The +Rs work great on dvd players that accept them, and they seem to burn the fastest. Aren't HDs rated at about 2 years??? I back everything up on disc, but it is looking like Oscar Madison's room in my office with all of the clutter from discs and photo accessories. I am trying to straighten up, and I am upgrading my computer, so I hope I don't run into any major snags. Take it easy!
Cool Nancy seems you have things in hand ;-)
Ye hard disks last way more than 2years BUT you can get crosslinked files (rare yes) this makes some files corrupt and not usable while the remaining files can still be fine (I nearly lost near 80GIGS of MP3's from a crosslinked drive)... but sure head crashes are rare on new Hard Disks.
I do take it easy... thnaks

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:47 PM   #24

I am trying to take it easy, but living in New York it is hard. I am going to sit down with my Motorcycle Diaries and my Gnocchi w/Carbonara, and try to take it easy. I don't know much about the crosslinked files, but I am backing everything up, so I should be ok. Always great talking to you! Nancy
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:58 PM   #25

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Like Bob (Since I joined the forum back in Sept/Oct, Bob has always been really nice to me, so....Props to Bob! for being an all around great guy, and great photographer!) I joined this forum as soon as I got my camera. Well....I think I "lurked" is the correct terminology, Ce'st vrai? until October. And since I joined I feel like I am back in high school, with a bunch of cool friends whom I can always count on to make me feel better.And the fact that you like my photos makes me feel so great. Sorry, I am listening to an old CD of love songs that an ex gave me, and i am feeling a bit sentimental.
Gorsh... Your making me blush...:?

ex? Did you brake up? I'm sorry to hear that Nancy...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:00 PM   #26

nope, didn't break up. Still engaged, this was my previous "ex".