Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2005, 5:46 PM   #11

Nice work great color, simple close in composition, I like them all.

John

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:30 PM   #12
Mag

All great shots suze, love the composition and colors.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 9:35 PM   #13

Suze,

I like 2, 3 and 4. #1 seems underexposed at the center part, BUT, this shot is tricky as the white petals are already blown out, so its difficult to achieve a good balance. Very nice series overall! well done.

But can I say something subjective? The borders are kind of distracting and is distracting me from your pics....but like I said, its subjective, and I too do at times put borders. Hope no offence.
tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 5:00 AM   #14

Thanks for looking everyone:-) tchuanye - thanks for the opinion on the frames - definitely no offense taken! You could be right, I don't know.I have a few more yet to post, I will try the next series without frames and we'll see what everyone thinks.

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:33 AM   #15

Truly beautiful flowers. They bring to mind the artist Georgia O'Keffe's famous giant flower paintings in tone and colour.
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 6:34 AM   #16

Should have said Georgia O' Keeffe of course....oops.
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:53 PM   #17

Where do you get all these flowers they are very very nice i do not have one flower yet except snowdrops
evelyne62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:07 PM   #18

Beware Suze: when you reach the top it is hard to hold it ! :-)

Apart from mockings, these flowers are just... them. Grat job, or I should say great Fun.

About FRAMES:
I am one of those who experiments a lot with them. Sometimes I also insert complex textrures in the frames.
I find thet apart from the "distracting", and shapes, which can be subjective, the correctframe color ALWAYS enriches and improves the pic.

Also I am sure that Tchuanye was not meaning he'd like to see your pics without a fgrame (he does use frames himself in all his mega-pics) only that yours are a bit too complex, so thay tend to attract the eye on the courniche instead of simply framing the main subject within them.

Narmer
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:09 AM   #19

Suze, Those are wonderful pictures. I love the colors in #4,but they are all beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.They inspire me to learn. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:43 AM   #20

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
About FRAMES:
I am one of those who experiments a lot with them. Sometimes I also insert complex textrures in the frames.
I find thet apart from the "distracting", and shapes, which can be subjective, the correctframe color ALWAYS enriches and improves the pic.

Also I am sure that Tchuanye was not meaning he'd like to see your pics without a fgrame (he does use frames himself in all his mega-pics) only that yours are a bit too complex, so thay tend to attract the eye on the courniche instead of simply framing the main subject within them.

Narmer
Point taken Nermer. For my next series I'll experiment with simpler /different frames and see if it produces a more blended final photo. I am quite excited to give it a try in fact :-)

Evelyn - I do a lot of wandering (aka walks) right now and my camera is ALWAYS with me. If I don't have my camera bag at hand then my FZ is in my handbag. Family and friends have learned to tolerate the "Wait! Stop here please!" I am also lucky in that there are many beautiful gardens here.

Thanks for the very kind comments everyone. Flowers are I seem to be getting along well lately, but I still have lots to learn and love to practice! :|

suze is offline   Reply With Quote