Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2005, 2:56 PM   #1

Hi All, I must say that I respect all you good potographers out there as it'snot as easy as it looks. I picked up my fz5 on the way to Amelia Island to watch the Bausch & Lomb Tennis Championship. I hada great time taking pictures even though I didn't have the best seats....I just keptmoving around the best that I could with no help from the ushers. I'm amost embarrassed to share these pictures of the tennis and surrounding areas on Amelia Island.....but you have to start somehere......The pictures were takn in the P, heart, and sports mode. Please let me know ifthis picture is posted correctly and I'll share a few more.I appreciate the encouragement, Nick. I needed it.bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2005, 2:57 PM   #2

Here's another one......
Attached Images

Old Apr 10, 2005, 3:03 PM   #3

another one.....the crowds
Attached Images

Old Apr 10, 2005, 3:05 PM   #4

sourrounding areas.......
Attached Images

Old Apr 10, 2005, 3:06 PM   #5

last one......
Attached Images

Old Apr 10, 2005, 3:12 PM   #6

Nothing to be embarrassed about here! Nice shots, especially like the first - what a look of determination you've captured!
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 4:22 PM   #7

Thanks Suze, You are too kind. I really should have bought a tripod or a monopod, but I was so excited bout the camera coming in before I left, I forgot. Live and learn....anyway that's what I like about this forum...alwaysencouraging...Thanks, bentleysmom
Old Apr 10, 2005, 4:26 PM   #8

The picture of Venus Wiliams was taken after a long rally and she had come over to to the ball boy totowel off.....She closed her eyes and just stood there for a brief moment to catch her breath.....
Old Apr 10, 2005, 6:54 PM   #9

That picture of Venus could probably be used in a newspaper or magazine. Very nice!
dengar69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:25 PM   #10

I love the last picture of the lake. It is beautifully composed..very artistic. Maybe a tad out of focus but just like you I am new to this and have had my FZ5 about a week and am also learning the tricks.
This last photo reminds me of an old painting. Very nice.
Often I feel here, and elsewhere on photo sites, people are so caught up on technique that the art gets left behind.
I love Suzys photos on this site because hers are always aware of colour and composition. imho. I suppose there are two ways of looking at photography ..one the techical wizardly one and the other the artistic. Of course the best is the mixture of the two which is rare indeed. I hope one day to get at least one shot of such calibre....Also I feel it is important to develop a personal style which says they are you...I have yet to develop that also...
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote