Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2005, 6:15 PM   #1

I just got back from a great trip to New Orleans. We went on a swamp tour and got to see a lot of wild alligators, what fun! This one was resting on a log that was just below the waterline - posing for me how thoughtful!
Attached Images

pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2005, 7:38 PM   #2

I suppose that is the best situation to have a 12x zoom! Would hate to have to get 20 feet closer to get the shot...
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2005, 8:58 PM   #3

I really like the shot. Sharp and well composed, By the way, it has a striking resemblance to my boss in the morning.:G:G:G
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 12:14 AM   #4

Here is another neat one, a bit smaller - but look in it's mouth and you will see marshmallows! (a big wad of about five regular sized ones). The guides are not allowed to feed the alligators per-se; what they do is throw out marshmallows to "feed the fish". Apparenetly the gators love marshmallows and they beat the fish to them (if I was a fish and saw one of them going after a marshmallow I would swim to the bottom and hide!).

I used my Hoya linear polarizer to fairly good effect on this shot.
Attached Images

pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 4:23 AM   #5

LOL There are places here where you can't feed waterfowl, and yet others that specify brown bread only. I can't imagine marshmallows are any better for fish and gators than they are for us! I'm also wondering who was the guy that dragged the contents of the kitchen cupboards down there and, after much research, decided that marshmallows are the ticket for feeding gators and fish :G:G:G Was there a taste test involved that eliminated fig newtons from the running?

LOL Nutrition ranting aside, great shots, and better marshamllows in those jaws than something alive Both are composed very well!
suze is offline   Reply With Quote