Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:51 PM   #21

jneil wrote:
Quote:
Well I dunno about Butterfly - now they're telling me it won't ship until Monday - that's a full week after I ordered it. And they won't upgrade my shipping to next day, just 3 to 5 day. Maybe I should have cancelled and given Abe's a chance after all. Smells fishy to me, like maybe they didn't really have it in stock when I ordered it. Of course the same thing could have happened elsewhere but I'll never know.

At least I still have my Canon 2MP.

Will advise further if and when I get it.
I'm getting the same runaround. I checked Fedex's shipping info, and even with ground shipping, it should only take 1 day to get to me. When I called today, I was told that they quote up to 7 days for regular shipping, therefore, I'm still within their stated timeframe. If it looks like it would be late, they would upgrade the camera to a priority shipment, but quite frankly I'm not holding my breath.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Will post my results of the dealings with Butterfly - hopefully positive, but I'm wondering
habanero5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:32 PM   #22

I ordered the FZ5 Monday evening, called THEM on Tuesday to get the sales pitch over with, but learned that the guy I needed to talk with was out. Talked to him Wednesday, got the pitch, was told that the Camera would ship Wednesday. This morning (Thursday) it hadn't shipped so I called cust. service, and was told they allow 2 business days to ship, so it "should" go out today (I count 2 business days from Monday as Wednesday, but whatever).

According to Fedex, it did ship today, 2 Day Air, and is supposed to arrive Monday. It still says "Processing" on their website.

Thats my story. Would I use them again? Maybe. When I place an order online, I like that to be the end of it. Order, then they ship. Period. I dont like the sales pitch (which is very low key, btw), or the fact that they really arent a photography store (try to buy a name brand anything from them - all their accessories are way overpriced chinese off-brand - however they will discount them if you ask). But camera prices are good, and they are much much better than the dirtbags at places like Broadway or most of the Brooklyn shops.
mikezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 6:16 PM   #23

I ordered my FZ20 from Butterfly late last Wednesday night /early Thursday morningwith overnight shipping and got it on Friday as asked, but ...I did order a black one which the website said was in stock. I had called them Thursday morning after they opened to confirm my order and all was well. Well about 5pm I got a call saying that the black one was out of stock and was askedif the silver was alright. If not I would have to wait.

Other than the salesman being a bit pushy with accessories and the color glitch I was happy with the process. I did notice the status of my order was slow to update on their website,but I did receive an email with a Fed Ex trackingnumber promptly once it had shipped.

Having said that I will probably go with a different retailer next time I need another camera.
mcharley94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 10:41 PM   #24

Butterfly currently is advertising the FZ20 (silver) as in stock and $508. Great price if you could count on it actually shipping...
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:08 PM   #25

Onecall.com has the FZ5's (black) back in stock at $499, free FedEx shipping, no sales tax. I ordered one today, figured it's easier on my sleeping habits to get it from a store I know and trust than to try to save the $35 or so...

Looking forward to taking pictures that (maybe) can hold their own on this forum! We'll see.....
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 9:31 PM   #26

My FZ20 arrived two days after purchase as promised. It was a US version with the FCC tag. Everything was fine. I will definitely use them again.
wholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 10:08 PM   #27

I should have gone with Abe's when I had the chance - my FZ5still hasn't shipped and it'll be a week Monday since I ordered it from Butterfly.

To be continued....
jneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:57 PM   #28

well, jneil - looks like we're in the same boat. My concern is that the camera will be unavailable for quite some time, and Butterfly Photo will keep saying it will ship in another day or so... jus to string us along and not loose the order.

Not quite sure what I'm gonna do if it doesn't ship in the next few days... would hate to cancel just to end up having to pay $70 or so more somewhere elseand be faced with the same delivery problems!
habanero5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 7:45 AM   #29

I ended up purchasing my FZ5 from onecall.com. I plan on leaving for vacation in a few weeks and I was anxious to get the camera in my hands. I paid the full retail price, but didn't pay any tax. The shipping is included (Fed EX 3 day). So far the retailer seems great. I was annoyed to pay the full retail price, but I thought it was worth it toknow the item was in stock and shipping from a very reputable dealer.
kpdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 1:34 AM   #30

My FZ5 arrived from Butterfly today, exactly one week after I placed the order. Everything seems ok, and I would use them again.

Onecall is awesome by the way -- there may not be a better online retailer -- and here's a hot tip: They will price match any reputable internet retailer who has the item in stock -- they will factor in the shipping cost as well, though.
mikezuk is offline   Reply With Quote