Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:06 PM   #1

Can anyone tell if they have had good experiences with buying from Butterfly Photo?
kpdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:15 PM   #2

:-) When this topic was opening I was suspecting some butterfly photo :lol: You really fooled me :lol: But as for your question: sorry don't know anything, I have yet to make my first order over internet :-)
CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 2:40 PM   #3

I purchased my FZ-15 from them. They upgraded me from standard to 2-day shipping for free. Their packaging isn't the best, but it's enough since my camera came unharmed. Also the thing is that sometimes they can be pushy when wanting you to buy extra, acessories, or warrenties. By the way only buy the camera from them not accessories or lenses since those can be found cheaper somewhere else. The rep I talked to was Victor and he wasn't pushy at all so I got lucky. Some other online stores take out the warranty information from the box. I recived mine untouched so it came with everything. I'd buy from them again since they have a good price!
JessAlba452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2005, 7:23 PM   #4

Only 6 out of 10 said they would buy from them again, 5 out of 10 said their customer service was bad. They worry me, even though they have a great price on the FZ5. Except for B&H, every photographic online store in Brooklyn gets really lousy reviews, i.e. TriCity, and BroadwayPhoto.

Go here...
http://www.resellerratings.com/selle...1.html#reviews
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:48 PM   #5

I purchased my FZ15 from them. The sales person was a little pushy but overall it went well
redhawk44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2005, 1:58 PM   #6

I ordered a FZ20 from them yesterday. They were great on the phone, not pushy. They are sending my camera via FedEx 2 Day at no additional charge. I will let you know more after it arrives.
wholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:09 AM   #7

I ordered my FZ5 from them on Sunday. It shipped on Monday and is schedule to arrive tomorrow.

No problems so far. They did call me up to see if I wanted to buy extra stuff, like memory cards and extended warrantees, but they were polite and "took no for an answer" with no troubles.

I do worry a little that I'm getting a grey market camera - otherwise, why would they have them available, while Amazon and bhphoto don't?
s_xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 12:27 AM   #8

Check for the FCc logo at the bottom of the camera. If it is not there then you do have a grey (gray) market camera. Grey market is also known as international market as well. Not made for North American release not to include Canada.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 9:38 AM   #9

Despite their reseller rating lots of people at another forum bought FZ20s from them with no problems.

Those people recommend them all the time.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 11:59 AM   #10

I personnaly think that Butterly Photo will show having them in stock even if they don't. I ordered my FZ20 through them and it took them four days to actually ship out all the while I'm calling them and being told it will ship out tomorrow. I bought my camera in November and their web site still shows my order as "Processing". I did get exactly what I ordered though and couldn't be happier with the camera.
az26er is offline   Reply With Quote