Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:27 PM   #1

I have been checking prices of online merchants and have yet to see anyone advertising the FZ5 in silver. I called one of them who told me that the FZ5 probably will not be available in the US in silver. He also told me that the silver paint has had a tendency to rub off and that it causes glare on the LCD screeen when taking pictures with a lot of back light.

Does anyone have information on any of this?
scottdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:53 PM   #2

If you don't mind paying the price $499.99, Ritz Camera has it in silver.

http://www.ritzcamera.com/webapp/wcs...uctId=13247555
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 7:47 PM   #3

I have wondered about someones statement that the silver has a tendency to "rub off" I can't recall seeing this in a silver camera, but I saw black FZ20 at Frys had the black worn off the thread-cover ring, and was showing silver underneath from continuous handling.

ANyone with a black camera ever experience that?
trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 9:27 PM   #4

I wanted it in silver as well... ordered online from Ritz and then a couple of dayslater I visited the local mall Ritz store and they had the silver in stock (full price $499)... got it in last week they said. So if you have a Ritz near you, check it out.

Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:21 PM   #5

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
I have wondered about someones statement that the silver has a tendency to "rub off" I can't recall seeing this in a silver camera, but I saw black FZ20 at Frys had the black worn off the thread-cover ring, and was showing silver underneath from continuous handling.

ANyone with a black camera ever experience that?
There's a little rubbing around the outer rim of my lens, probably due to removing the lens cap with my big fumbly fingers. The attachment of the phayee however has perminantly stopped that from happening. No other paint issues from handling the camera..

Jeff
:?
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 11:40 PM   #6

Does anyone know if I can expect the prices to come down a little once the camera is out a little while? I was hoping to get the siler in the lower 400s.
scottdg is offline   Reply With Quote