Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 13, 2005, 4:50 PM   #1

I just got my new FZ15 and my what a nice toy. I wish it had a hotshoe, but just didn't want to spend the extra $100 for the FZ20. I am selling a lot of my paintball gear to buy the 15.

I have been reading through the Manual and in the Setup Menu there is a section on "No. Reset" and it says "The folder number can be assigned from 100 to 999. When the folder number reaches 999, it cannot be reset. We recommend formatting the card after saving the data on a PC or elsewhere."

Does everyone really format their card each time they move pictures from the camera to the computer? How long will formatting take on a 512mb card? I ask the second question because my 512 is not in yet and I am working off of the 8mb card.

RCCI.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:00 PM   #2

Just reset it before it gets to 999.. It'll take quite awhile to get there. I don't know about the 512 but my 256 was ready to go (in the fz20) in a matter of seconds. I don't think it takes very long. 8Mb card.. Pitiful.. I don't understand why they even bother. (the 16Mb that comes with the 20 isn't of much more use).. It'll take longer to download 512Mb worth of photos than anything else..

When you get some more change saved up you can get a slave flash and an L-bracket for an external unit..

Enjoy the camera and show us some pictures.

Jeff
:G

http://photobucket.com/albums/v285/jjmel/
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:07 PM   #3

Thanks for the info.

If you buy a slave flash, does the camera automatically adjust for the extra light put out by the second flash? Or does this require a manual setting?
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2005, 5:16 PM   #4

No.. These cameras don't have TTL (through the lens) capability.. However, what you can do is use the off camera flash as a bounce and the on camera flash as a fill light.. Tends to soften things up quite a bit.. The whole thing will require some experimentation on your part to find the results you want.

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote