Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:16 AM   #1

Inspired by all the wonderful insect picsposted on this forum, I decided to stretch a bit and try some more insect macros - i tell ya - flowers are way more cooperative!:-) I am still waiting for my 6T to arrive from Hong Kong so used the DCR250. Nowhere near the calibre of what others have done, but it's a start :lol:

1. think I should have been a bit clsoer on this one
Attached Images

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:19 AM   #2

2. It looks like this one has a little bow on its head so I've decided it's a girl.Tried a velvia filter on this one (as per Nick T.'s recommendation - thanks Nick)and it's cool. That little slimy spot near the centre of her body isn't attractive but this is reality - LOL.
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:22 AM   #3

3. Not good technically I know but I had to keep this one - it reminded me of the bug kingdom equivalent of the freeway pileup. The only one moving was the spider so I think the others were casualties of war. :sad:
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2005, 8:03 AM   #4

Suze, how are we novices suppose to keep up with your great photos, and I think the ladybird (if thats what it is) maybe a casualty of war, the speeders seem to have the upper hand in that shot. Enjoyed all 3 pics as always.
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:40 AM   #5

Hey suze...you are right about flowers being more co-operative, one of these days i am going to dare to try insect macros. Some of the experts make it seem like they are shooting aliens, and I always wanted to shoot some aliens...so this is my way of doing it.

The photos are good for your first try, the colors seem a wee bit saturated and sharpened...but other than that...great first try.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 10:50 AM   #6

Nice job Suze.

Don't tell me you are also planning to stack the 6T on DCR 250 !?

I am also waiting for 6T: in the meanwhile I took this drop macro with my FZ20and an (eye) magnifying lens (2x) held in front of the FZ20 adaptor (F8, 12x zoom).
Quality (but only at F8 )is not bad, also considering that the magnifying lens is old and all scratched.

Attached Images

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:11 AM   #7

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
Nice job Suze.

Don't tell me you are also planning to stack the 6T on DCR 250 !?

I am also waiting for 6T: in the meanwhile I took this drop macro with my FZ20and an (eye) magnifying lens (2x) held in front of the FZ20 adaptor (F8, 12x zoom).
Quality (but only at F8 )is not bad, also considering that the magnifying lens is old and all scratched.

Thanks everyone. It sure is a job trying to find these little guys and getting them to sit still. Composition? ha - am lucky to get them in the frame at times. I think I'll save the insect for days when I need a challenge! I do have the utmost respect for the macro kings shooting insects

No - I don't plan on stacking the 6T and DCR250 - may as well use a microscope if I'm gonna do that! :blah:

oh and Narmer . . what the heck is that???
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:28 AM   #8

i don't think you CAN stack the 6T on the DCR250, can you? different thread sizes and so forth?
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:34 PM   #9

No squirl, you're right about 6T on the DCR250 . . .but . . . Haven't got my 6T yet but I think you can probably mount the DCR250 on top of the 6T. Not that I would think anyone wants to but I guess you never know!