Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:04 PM   #1

Hi, I must say Suze, that after I saw your beautiful post of flowers the other day that you inspired me.......I went walking aroung the neighborhood to take pictures of some flowers in macro.........I've got a so much to learn......Yours are more beautiful than ever and I really appreciate your talent.While I was trying to take picturesa breeze would come up.....or the sun would go in and out of the clouds....it was quite challenging. I know that my composition isn't great....and all this is so new to me but so fun!!! bentleysmom
Attached Images

bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:06 PM   #2

Her's another one.
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:07 PM   #3

Last one
Attached Images

Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:22 PM   #4

Any comments are welcome. You always learn from constuctive criticism. Thanks, bentleysmom
Old Apr 14, 2005, 11:52 PM   #5

first one is terrific... great color, and enough DOF that the second one, on the left, is still clear. the second shot is a bit fuzzy and underexposed... perhaps a larger aperture would have given you more light and a clearer image. The last one is pretty, well composed, but the focus seems off a bit... like maybe the camera focused on the pink one in the middle, and left the ones nearer the camera a little blurry. to fix that, aim at the part of the image you most want to be clear, hold the shutter halfway down, the move the camera if need be to compose or frame the picture. the focus will remain at the same distance you originally wanted, so the portion you focused on will be clear. also, a smaller aperture (higher "f" number) will increase your depth of field, and that will help keep objects slightly farther away, or "behind" the focal subject, in focus as well.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:47 AM   #6

I appreciate so much your comments. Thanks for the all the info.....any advice is greatly appreciated and very helpful. I will go out tomorrow and try again. Thank you very much. bentleysmom
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:20 AM   #7

Not badresults forbut there is room forimprovement.I pretty much agree all out with squirl's comments. The first is excellent. It's a gorgeous flower and you've made a nice composition by adding the opening bloom in the background. The second is a bit underexposedthere are also a couple of blades of grass over the flower - I would have pushed those out of the way. The third are also great subjects but your focus was limited to the centre flower which is in the background. Does the FZ5 have an auto bracket function? If so, you may want to give it a try. Either that or take a few more of each flower, changing the angle slightlywith each one. Overall, I think you considered the composition as you were shooting these and it shows. :-)Practice makes perfect
suze is offline   Reply With Quote