Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1

I know this isn;t directly related to our beloved Fluzi's but recently I've started to read "Photography Monthly" here in the UK. It has a lot of tips and tricks, etc that I'm finding very useful indeed. I've only purchased the ones that interest me and so far thats been all of them! So if you can get access to a copy do take a look - so far they've covered B&W portraits for all ages and this months technique is all about lighting esp for portraits & still life.

http://www.photographymonthly.com/

Its just 3.40GBP

Harj

:? :-) :G

PS.

I don;t read any of the text just look at the pics!
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 16, 2005, 1:15 PM   #2

This does look a terrific magazine. Lots of photo mags are dubious, esentially buying adds. Not this one. Thanks for the link.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 2:40 PM   #3

Nick

Just happy to pass on the info - this is the only photo mag I have ever purchased. Its nearly 200 pages and its simply not full of adverts like a lot of the others. What I really like is the practical techniques (around 50 pages), readers pictures where they judge and comment on picts that have been sent in, and then make comments and recommendations etc (like here on the forum :G :G :G), places to visit and take picts off, how to make $$$ from your picts and finally interviews with the pro's. Most if not all of the picts that they show tell you what settings were used on the cam, filters etc which I've found really useful.

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2005, 3:23 PM   #4

Don't recall seeing the paper version of that one one this side of the drink. Do you know if it's available here? I'll keep an eye out for it.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote