Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2005, 3:00 AM   #1

I'm going to Hawaii in June with my new FZ20 and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed with all the "extras", (lenses, tripod...), that I'm bringing as well. (I'm not comfortable carrying all that around). I'm seeking advice of anyone who has already gone. I'll be visiting Oahu and Maui. So if anyone has knowledge of "special places for photo ops",and other advice and tidbits,I'd love to hear from you. I'd also like to see some variety of photos that's been taken with the FZ20 so I know what its capable of capturing.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 4:27 AM   #2

haven't been to Hawaii in 30 years, so the places i'd recommend are probably overrun with development by now. but if you want to see what the FZ20 is capable of, just browse this forumand check out the pics people have taken with it... you'll find everything from macros of breathtaking bugs and flowers to stunning landscapes and wildlife shots. as for all the extras, consider how much MORE you'd have to carry to get the same versatility with a 35mm SLR, and you'll be glad you have that FZ20 instead!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 5:26 AM   #3

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
as for all the extras, consider how much MORE you'd have to carry to get the same versatility with a 35mm SLR, and you'll be glad you have that FZ20 instead!

Oh you are so right about that.
scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 8:32 AM   #4

So far all i have is a Raynox D250 macro lens/ The raynox RT5264P lens protector kit / Extra battery 1 gig SD card / Charger and hoods . I need the wide angle and tele lens wich should all fit in a midsize camera bag .I have a 4 foot extending tripod that will fit in my rear pants pocket when compacted picked it up at staples .

Have fun on your trip :|Also a couple of these would be nice

http://www.ebuyer.co.uk/customer/products/index.html?rb=6861982908&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdW N0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=63726

pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:13 AM   #5

Hello Scrap,

I will PM you with some photo op suggestions. Hawai'i is where I grew up and I was there last June and will be there in September.

First of all, I would suggest that you consider driving yourself around rather than the bustour packages.

When you arrive there will be kiosks with flyers and brochures and weekly magazines of what is going on in Hawai'i. There are one's specific to each island. I would suggest you pick-up a few of these (they also have maps inside)and put it in a bag and when you get settled in start looking at these. You can find some coupons that you can possibly use.

The ABC Stores are convenient but a ripoff. Coffee has to say 100% Kona if you are into that. If it says blend then you are only getting 10% Kona and the rest is just cheaper Robusta beans.

I am running on here and it has nothing to do with photography. I will PM for sure. Give me a day or two.

Aloha,

Tom

Attached Images

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:14 AM   #6

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:15 AM   #7

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:16 AM   #8

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:18 AM   #9

Attached Images

Old Apr 17, 2005, 1:58 PM   #10

LOVE that pagoda shot! if you haven't made that into an 11x14 print and framed it in your living room, you certainly should!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote